izeplays

RESOLVED [YLD-7927] Interact/Harvest Bug

Question

Hi Guys!

i started the game, everything went fine till i destroyed my first loom and wheel to move elsewhere on the island. Cant interact with either of the new ones, also not with the new build smelting furnace. And when i harvest f.e. iron, no ore appears until a few minutes later they all laying where they should appear in the first place. Cant interact with fire or horse either.... maybe huge lag? I don't know...right clicked on furnace and waited a few minutes...nothing.

Still a great game, looking forward to no bugs! :)

Regards

• Upvote 1

16 replies to this bug / suggestion

6 minutes ago, izeplays said:

Hi Guys!

i started the game, everything went fine till i destroyed my first loom and wheel to move elsewhere on the island. Cant interact with either of the new ones, also not with the new build smelting furnace. And when i harvest f.e. iron, no ore appears until a few minutes later they all laying where they should appear in the first place. Cant interact with fire or horse either.... maybe huge lag? I don't know...right clicked on furnace and waited a few minutes...nothing.

Still a great game, looking forward to no bugs! :)

Regards

One possible work-around you could attempt, to continue on with your game, would be to load that game in to the editor, and delete your character (this has worked in the past for similar issues).

You could also spawn in some things to replace your inventory in the process.

After saving the game in the editor, and upon reloading the game, you will likely be prompted to create a new character, and your things *should* work again.

Also submitting your game logs etc via the game client link prior to doing any of this, may help the developers address the issue and resolve it faster!

Thanks. I deleted my char, still can't interact with furnace, drawer, wheel etc.... i just tried to lay in a coffin, didn't work, but like half a minute later i get the notification, that it is too steep to lie down, when i was walking somewhere else...

Please send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

• Thanks 1

i am also having this issue, cannot interact with any containers or machines. i can harvest just fine tho. when i click to open a wicker basket, i hear the basket sound, but nothing happens. This happened shortly after dying for the first time... i cant remember if i was ever able to open a container after that death. Deleting the character in the editor did not fix.

edit: i went and created a new world, immediately crafted a wicker basket, was able to access it just fine. Quit that save, reloaded my old save, still cant access the baskets in that world.

Edited by onion4567

Yep, single player. And i also started a new world and everything functions as it should. Maybe they find out what causes a world/save to bug out like that. Hope it doesn't happen to my actual save now.

Single player here also. GraceKaIn and Keralis brought me to this game,BTW. I also created a new game to test and it works as it should. Seems like it might be the game save file that is the problem?

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

Edited by renderin

I am also having the exact same problem as onion4567. The only difference being that this issue has occurred on a multiplayer world, with just myself and a friend playing. I died for the first time, and when trying to reload the new character, the loading got hung up for a good while. After I was finally able to respawn, interactions seemed broken. I could not open my map, open baskets, etc. So I gave up and just ran to where I knew my corpse would be. During this run (at least a couple minutes later), suddenly all the things I had attempted to do after respawning flooded my screen, obviously many not successful since I was no longer standing where I had first attempted these actions. I was able to recover my items ultimately, but upon returning to where we had made our home, I was still unable to interact things. So I tried saving and shutting down the program, restarting, but to no avail. Things just seemed out of sync or something. My friend had trouble connecting, and once logged in, at times would see things walking/running in place, then things would suddenly catch up after long periods of moonwalking. I'm attaching my log files as well. Hope this helps. It seems as if this will stall out any further play in this world until resolved. I might also add that my friend (I'm the host) had already died once, and had no problem respawning. This issue did not arise until I had died for the first time.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

I've noticed this has happend to my game as well. However it only happens in a central location on the map. Meaning I can't mine any resources within what can only be described as a "Dead zone" luckily my base itself is outside of this area. 

Seems to be around the underground caverns area, not sure if related or coincidence. 

had someone log out in this area and we had to delete his character in the editor in order for him to be able to play again as it was just stuck at 100% loading. this area however is still unusable

i read elsewhere that killing your horse can fix this bug, so i logged in to my old dead non-working world, where sure enough i had a horse i had tamed and more or less forgotten about... i think the mechanic is supposed to be where if you dont feed your horse very often, it will eventually lose tame and become wild again. I guess there is a bug in that process. Sure enough, killing the horse made the world right again, i can now access all containers and use items.

I bet this is really the problem...the horse. i remember havin a horse, never feed it since i tamed it..and the first to not react to me. i bet that's it! horse hunger bug :)