Wheezy_19

RESOLVED Recipe not showing

Question

I have noticed that I have all the materials need to craft something but it recipe is not showing in the crafting menu. For example I have a wooden needle and some yarn but I cannot create a sewing kit, and another example I have a pencil and a blank piece of paper yet I cannot create a map. I knew what was needed for those items as I check via the wiki, I assume this is a bug. 

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sometimes you need to have the materials of the other recipe in order for it to open the rest. So for example the Map unlocks with the Quill and Ink instead of the Pencil. Same with the Fur Clothes, you need to craft using the Wolf Hides first before it unlocks the rest of the hides as an option.

Not sure if they are going to change this

Edited by handofthesly
  • Like 1

Also, sometimes you accidentally have a crafting station nearby and selected, and when that happens no recipes show unless they use that crafting station, so make sure to close all stations and even move away from them then check again ...

Hmm, I have never made a quill, and can always make a map right as soon as I have pencil and paper, same with fur clothing I never need to start with Wolf, I can unlock fur clothing as soon as I have a rabbit pelt or any other fur item, like bear)

Edited by Sprout
  • Like 1

Ran in to Issue whit leather and anvil not showing up even when having the stuff needed. But fixed it by reloading the game tho.

Edited by greenborg
  • Like 1

I only had paper and did not even made a pencil. When making the map it said I had writables and made the map, not sure what that was as it showed no image of the writeables.

I've only encountered this issue (as far as I'm aware) in multiplayer as a client (not listen server). In my case, re-logging did not resolve the issue. I was only able to gain the recipe by having another player craft the item and drop it so I could pick it up. After picking it up I had the crafting recipe.

On 8.12.2017 at 2:16 PM, zailleh said:

I've only encountered this issue (as far as I'm aware) in multiplayer as a client (not listen server). In my case, re-logging did not resolve the issue. I was only able to gain the recipe by having another player craft the item and drop it so I could pick it up. After picking it up I had the crafting recipe.

I encounterd the Same problem. Do you have a solution? 

In the upcoming update we'll be releasing a potential fix for this issue.