111uminate

No v-sync option?

Didn't see it available in the settings menu. I dug around the installation folders looking for a config file and don't believe I found one. Failing that, I attempted forcing v-sync in the nVidia settings after adding the game's .exe, and it doesn't seem to pick it up. I verified the options were ticked, yet the game is still reporting FPS far beyond my monitor's refresh.

At a loss here. Does the game not support it currently?

• Upvote 1

Indeed, a Vsync option should be standard in all games these days, no point running at > monitor refresh rate and drivers, Nvidia or AMD don't always work with every games and fullscreen/window mode.

Would really appreciate if this could be answered or looked into. My FPS is constantly 120+ with my screen being 60 Hz. My graphics card is being put under unnecessarily high strain. Like the OP I wasn't able to force it with AMD's Radeon software.

Oddly enough, for me the game seems to be locked to 2x refresh rate.

On a 1080ti and a 60Hz monitor (2560x1440 60Hz) I see 120fps in the Steam overlay but the GPU is only loaded to about 45% and uses 1.5Gb VRAM. I can certainly hear it working and the fans ramp up which is not desirable and I certainly would prefer to lock it to 1x VSYNC (60Hz) so that I could use less power.

See the left half of the attached image.

I wonder if there is an ini file somewhere with this setting in it?

Capture.PNG

• Upvote 1

Seems that the game uses Unity type settings saved in the registry. Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive\Ylands

I'm not sure how one would change that to force vsync, if that's even possible.

We're looking into it, will update when I know more :) 

• Thanks 1

I picked up the game yesterday - really enjoying it apart from the fan noise from my GTX1060 that is!

This might be of some use?  I had the same issue with Rust since they moved over to Unity 5? a couple of years ago.  Now instead of selecting vsync in the graphics menu, the only way to do it is to press F1 for the in-game console, and type in: fps.limit (60)

Hope this is of some help to the devs?

Edited by Lord Ponsonby of Shrubbery