pixelfunk

RESOLVED No respawn After Death, New Game Only Option

Question

Every time i die, I have one of two options.. "main menu" or "new game".. I don't respawn in the the world with nothing on starting island with the ability to retrieve my old body like in previous versions. Instead when I try to continue, I simply load the save point of my death. Please advise!

6 replies to this bug / suggestion

What mode are you playing?

Are you playing via Dedicated Servers?

I'm playing "exploration" in single player version via steam. Wanted to get used to game play before I go online.

Is it possible that it says "New character" instead of "New game"? When you die in explore, you get to create a new character and continue in the same world that you created. You can then find your corpse and get back your stuff. :)

Ahhh.. ok cool... wasn't sure if that would create a whole new character/scenario to play... just didn't want to lose all my progress.. Thanks!!

Mm that's weird. Is it still happening to you? If so, could you please attach a screnshot of the New character thingy screen?

We had some issues with the saves yesterday, could be related to it, but it should be fixed by now.

Yeah, you get a new character and it spawns on the island of your death, so that you can easily get back to your corpse. :) You're welcome!

But as Ane says, you can make a screenshot of the screen that you spoke of, just to make sure we're on the same boat here.