gstasd

RESOLVED [YLD-7903] Stuck at "SAVING IN PROGRESS"

Question

I have notice a bug, where an item in the inventory would have it's icon drawn off the inventory window, so i tried to restart the game but got stuck at "SAVING IN PROGRESS". No error, no nothing, white screen with this text on the bottom.

I has been stuck like that for abour 25 minutes now, with about 5% cpu usage.

I have found a "output_log.txt" file, and it has a lot of:

"

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at YlandsClient.CombinedMeshManager.CombineIntoMeshes (TerrainChunk chunk, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 entities) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at YlandsClient.CombinedMeshManager.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

"

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have had the issue many times thus far with items in my inventory being drawn below the inventory window in multiplayer but had no issues with the game not saving until the last play session late last night.

We had about a 4-5 hour long play session with a friend then when we quit for the night was stuck on the "SAVING IN PROGRESS" white screen for an hour, eventually I had to use task manager to kill the process..

Thanks a lot for providing us with the logs! It'll be fixed and if it happens, feel free to shut the game down through task manager, your saves will be intact.