Trish Kendall

Admin Commands

Question

Hello,

i have noticed that some of the Admin commands were removed and I was just curious why? Those were super helpful. Especially the “AddItem” command.

I would like to have them added back for admins. Is there anyway this could happen?

• Upvote 2

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Not sure what was removed before but I agree with Trish. I'd like to see a lot of commands to help troubleshoot issue maybe a localized or visualized tool to see what is causing performance issues. Also would like to see the ability to destroy/remove an object you are looking at and a way to remove excess entities. 

Adding these commands back would be super-helpful for a variety of reasons! I am not sure what lead to the developers removing it from the game in the first place (possibly some back-end incompatibility stuff) and I would definitely be curious to know. Anyone know anything further on the subject and if they plan to re-add it into the game? It would be very much appreciated by at least me :) 

I have a feeling more commands will be included in the DS command line which they will work on second half january:

1 hour ago, See_Sharp said:

I have a feeling more commands will be included in the DS command line which they will work on second half january:

I think that the dedicated server commands are definitely a good feature but I was also talking about singleplayer specifically. I'm not an extremely hardcore survival player, and I enjoy the building in the game. Any time I want to play explore because of the exploration without previously knowing the map (duh), I always find myself discouraged because whenever I try to build something I always encounter a problem. For example- sometimes I end up wanting to change the building later that I made out of stone, which is as of now a little bit tedious and I could really use the annihilator in that situation, which is as of now only accessible in creative.

tl;dr these commands (such as additem)could give single-player ylanders a larger range of difficulty 'settings' to choose from, and eliminate some of the frustration. 

On 1.1.2018 at 9:19 PM, TheClockArm said:

I think that the dedicated server commands are definitely a good feature but I was also talking about singleplayer specifically. I'm not an extremely hardcore survival player, and I enjoy the building in the game. Any time I want to play explore because of the exploration without previously knowing the map (duh), I always find myself discouraged because whenever I try to build something I always encounter a problem. For example- sometimes I end up wanting to change the building later that I made out of stone, which is as of now a little bit tedious and I could really use the annihilator in that situation, which is as of now only accessible in creative.

tl;dr these commands (such as additem)could give single-player ylanders a larger range of difficulty 'settings' to choose from, and eliminate some of the frustration. 

In single player you can Edit the Creator cube into your game ,

Just now, Jabba6241 said:

In single player you can Edit the Creator cube into your game ,

I recently figured this out, however, the additem command would still be more efficient and useful.

2 minutes ago, TheClockArm said:

I recently figured this out, however, the additem command would still be more efficient and useful.

i agree hopefully they put it back in