Flo Le

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-7939] Game freezing in crafting menu

Question

Hi,

i have an issue with the crafting recipes in the crafting menu. Whenever i start a game and progress far enought, my game is freeting when opening the crafting menu oder scolling down in the crafting menu (depends on how much posible recipes i have in the menu) now i startet a game wirth only a very few ressources so far and the game is freezing when i try to open the crafting menu. All was good, as long as i had no lether in the inventory. With the lether in the inventory, my game is freezing again. i have a sceenshot (a very bad, i know, but i reacted to slow for a better one). The screenshot shows all the materials ia had. Without the lether, i could open the crafting menu and do whatever i wanted to do. There need to be a corrupted recipe, which needs lether.

Please let me know, if you need any more Infomation about it. I realy want to get this fixed. I realy enjoy the game so far, but can't play it for long and can't realy begin to build much.

Best regards

Florian Lemmer

PS.: I had an issue with the forum here the last time and sent you and email. Sorry for that. But now i am trieing to go the right way. ;)

IMG_20171207_230830_resized_20171207_112633853-1.jpg

107 replies to this bug / suggestion

7 minutes ago, der_grinch_69 said:

Hi there

I found and issue when the game crashes in crafting window. When i already had unlocked the large Ship and not having the main craftingcomponents (logs, planks, nails) in inventory and then search for "ship"or scroll down in the list to it, the game crashes. However, it will NOT crash if you have some logs, planks and nails in your inventory. Not sure if this issue might happen with other items but i would keep the basic crafting components for the desired item in inventory to prevent crashes ;)

hope that helps

This could be a possible workaround. Can any of you guys try?

• Haha 1

I can personally say this is not a work around for the game cause once I craft the ship I can no longer access the crafting menu without a crash. It has something to do with the amount of recipes I have and something with the ship once it's crafted for some reason. That's the only time I experience the crash the game runs fine in till one of those two things happen.

I'm still having crashes with the three items in my inventory.  I can't craft more of the items, to see if quantity helps, because...opening the craft menu is crashing the game.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, SirBiscuit said:

I can personally say this is not a work around for the game cause once I craft the ship I can no longer access the crafting menu without a crash. It has something to do with the amount of recipes I have and something with the ship once it's crafted for some reason. That's the only time I experience the crash the game runs fine in till one of those two things happen.

I have the exact same problem, and crafting any ship seems to run my gamesave for good. 
I am currently trying to progress in a save without crafting the ship, even though the game is a bit boring that way :/ but it seems to reduce the amount of crashes.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Sir_Duck said:

I have the exact same problem, and crafting any ship seems to run my gamesave for good. 
I am currently trying to progress in a save without crafting the ship, even though the game is a bit boring that way :/ but it seems to reduce the amount of crashes.

The problem is, crafting cloth unlocks the sail/mast recipes, so you won't be able to make anything that requires cloth (like armor) without the game crashing. I guess you could make a small boat, one that doesn't require a sail, and just row to the next island. lol!

7 hours ago, Ane said:

This is not the case. I just re-verified that by making sure I have all the things he listed, as well as all the things required to make the mast/sail. This time it crashed when I click on 'Crafting' from the inventory screen.

There's something more here that I haven't seen anyone mention. The crash happens in the editor as well as in creative mode. This isn't a problem with the recipe, it's a problem with one of the models or references. Since it isn't happening to everyone, it's probably a driver/hardware conflict.  

I've attached my DX Diag

DxDiag.txt

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello, 

I am having the same issue. At first i just thought it was something to do with the save, So i started a new world. Go through fine till I get deeper into the crafting menu. Same issue freezes up when I scroll. 

I have included a couple of files:

Output Log Clean - 

Output Log  - File from the Yland_Data folder

Specs of My Computer

I am running the game as log of setting as they have.

P.S.

I really love this game. I have played since you released on the 7th. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Computer Specs.txt

• Thanks 1

i have unlocked more recipes now. Had the ship unlocked long ago. Tried to avoid crafting or even seeing the ship in inthe crafting menu. ;)

After i build the blacksmith and several things at the blacksmith, i can't go to the crafting menu at all. everytime I click the crafting menu ... game ist freezing instantly now. i don't need to scoll down anymore. So, there are other recipes causing problems too.

perhaps, it's like someone else said... perhaps it's a hardware-conflict. :S

PS.:

game is freezing in other situation too. once, while digging, two times while trying to pick up a bamboostick (never tried again later). Seams like the game is freezing more often, the futher the progress goes. Now, my last savegame, where i played hours and hours... i can't do anything more, becourse, i can't craft anything now. And without any pick, axe or shovel... i can't even collect materials or build the terrain. And Yes. The game is freezing in the creative-mode as well. :/

Edited by Flo Le
more

On 12/15/2017 at 1:07 AM, Flo Le said:

i have unlocked more recipes now. Had the ship unlocked long ago. Tried to avoid crafting or even seeing the ship in inthe crafting menu. ;)

After i build the blacksmith and several things at the blacksmith, i can't go to the crafting menu at all. everytime I click the crafting menu ... game ist freezing instantly now. i don't need to scoll down anymore. So, there are other recipes causing problems too.

perhaps, it's like someone else said... perhaps it's a hardware-conflict. :S

PS.:

game is freezing in other situation too. once, while digging, two times while trying to pick up a bamboostick (never tried again later). Seams like the game is freezing more often, the futher the progress goes. Now, my last savegame, where i played hours and hours... i can't do anything more, becourse, i can't craft anything now. And without any pick, axe or shovel... i can't even collect materials or build the terrain. And Yes. The game is freezing in the creative-mode as well. :/

Yea i have found that more recipes = more frequent crashing and the faster i type to search recipes causes the game to crash/freeze on me.

Did some testing this morning. I am able to reproduce the crash in the building materials tab when i scroll down to the line with the large boat. Not sure if this helps at all but it defiently seems related to a recipe in that tab. Game doesnt crash until i scroll down 3-4 lines of recipes. 

Update: 
Still crashes running as admin, turning off virus software, updating gpu drivers. Anything else I can try to narrow down the problem? 

With trial and error we should be able to find the root cause of the issue. At this point to me it looks like an issue with a recipe in the building tab. Likely related to a mast or large boat recipe. When I first started the game no crashes at all until i started unlocking more recipes.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8core 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5750 
VRAM: 1 GB
SSD or HDD: HDD
Resolution: 1280x800
Windowed?: No
Resolution scale: 1.0 (havent played with this much to see how it effects the crash)
VIdeo Details: Tried lowest and highest settings
Use controller?: No
DirectX 11: 

output_log.txt

Edited by Balsm7
typo

On 12/13/2017 at 9:45 AM, Ane said:

No luck with it last night. Does it matter how many of each we have in our inventory or just few of each is enough?

27 minutes ago, SirBiscuit said:

It's dosent matter it's not a work around your game will still crash I tired it multiple times and nothing.

I'v tried just about everything I can think of. I'm at the point where the game is unplayable until they fix this. No point putting more time into the game until its been resolved. Hopefully with the info we've given they can patch in a fix soon

Yea honestly I thought they would of gave us some kind of progress or update about it really hoping the next update fixes it cause otherwise I'm gonna be very pissed off. All I want to do is play and I can't cause the game has a huge issue.

They are working on it. 

It may take some time; especially if it has to do with more than a model reference or "phantom" models.

I had a lot of fun, playing Ylands to begin with. Sadly, this freezing-bug is gamebreaking for me too. I've done all, i could. Now i am not playing anymore and am waiting for them to fix it.

But: I don't want to complain too much. Yes, it is annoying. But as long as there will be done something about it in the future, i'll wait for it. Sadly, this Bug seems to be a tought one. Let us just wait for a while longer. I am sure, the result wil be worth it ;) Until then i am checking the Game for updates daily :D

So: Thanks for showing this info to us ;)

1 hour ago, Flo Le said:

I had a lot of fun, playing Ylands to begin with. Sadly, this freezing-bug is gamebreaking for me too. I've done all, i could. Now i am not playing anymore and am waiting for them to fix it.

But: I don't want to complain too much. Yes, it is annoying. But as long as there will be done something about it in the future, i'll wait for it. Sadly, this Bug seems to be a tought one. Let us just wait for a while longer. I am sure, the result wil be worth it ;) Until then i am checking the Game for updates daily :D

So: Thanks for showing this info to us ;)

Same. Just waiting on an update to fix this issue and I'm planning to get back into this game full time. For now there really is no point dedicating much time into it having to deal with a random crash. From what I've seen of the game so far its awesome. Really looking forward to seeing what they do with new content and full release.

Edited by Balsm7

We still haven't managed to reproduce this issue ourselves, so the more info the better!

After taking a closer look at the issue, it seems to be somehow linked to the person's PC. If you guys sent us your DxDiag reports it would help us a lot.

For the time being you can also try updating drivers and try disabling some other resident apps like fraps, peripherals control centers etc.

If you'd rather not send us your DxDiags, telling us your CPU/video cards would help too.

11 minutes ago, Ane said:

After taking a closer look at the issue, it seems to be somehow linked to the person's PC. If you guys sent us your DxDiag reports it would help us a lot.

For the time being you can also try updating drivers and try disabling some other resident apps like fraps, peripherals control centers etc.

If you'd rather not sent us your DxDiags, telling us your CPU/video cards would help too.

after searching some topics on steam discussion, i think its based on old AMD graphix cards. At least thats the only common part between my friend and some other guys in the topic.

k, thx for your update :)

and: of course. We will sure help you as much as possible ;) I have nothing mentioned (apps and stuff) running. Only a messenger (Discord). I'll look for the Details refering to the PC configuration and send them here ;) Just got home. So please wait a little bit. I'll send it

Edit: Was just searching for DXdiag... found something in the www. -> tells me crazy things about my system. Perhaps i found an old dxdiag? however, it told me, i had missing files. I am not sure. But i thing, my System is working fine, normally. Did not know, there was something missing. Perhaps, it's all right... but perhaps not. I'll check my grafik-drivers and direct x ... just to make sure ;)

Edited by Flo Le
  • Thanks 1

Builds with same issue:

got the same problem. game crashed 3 times in row as i went to the tab with the large ship and scrolled down to it.

Do you get this crash: got this tab crash
CPU: AMD Radeon A8-3820 APU with radeon HD Grafiks 2.5 Ghz
RAM: 8GB
Grafiks: AMD Radeon 6550D
VRAM: 
SSD or HDD: 
Resolution: 1600x800
Resolution scale: MAX
VIdeo Details: Lowest possible settings

Do you get this crash: Yes, usually after scrolling through recipes.Game runs fine as long as i'm not crafting much...lol

CPU: AMD FX-8320 8core 3.5 GHz
RAM: 16GB
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 5750 (needing an upgrade very soon)
SSD or HDD: HDD
Resolution: 1280x800
Resolution scale: 1.0 (havent played with this much to see how it effects the crash)
VIdeo Details: Tried lowest and highest settings
DirectX 11: Should I upgrade this?

I'm able to replicate the crash on cue by opening the crafting window and scrolling through recipes/switching tabs. Game will crash almost instantly

Do you get this crash: YES
CPU: i7 (2nd gen, mobile)
RAM: 8 GB
GPU: ATI Mobility 5870
SSD or HDD: SSD
Resolution: 1600x900
Windowed?: no (tried both)
Resolution scale: 0.64
VIdeo Details: Tried Low and Medium
Use controller?: both

And my friend has AMD Radeon 6700 series card

Edited by DexWhite
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, guys. What you're saying actually matches our suspicion that this quite likely related to older AMD (ATI) cards. We'll keep looking at it as this obviously needs to be fixed or we need to find some workaround. Also, for update 0.7 we'll be switching to newer Unity version and it is possible that this might help fix that.

Let's hope so cause I can't wait to start playing again :) you guys really did make a awesome game keep up the good work