Flo Le

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-7939] Game freezing in crafting menu

Question

Hi,

i have an issue with the crafting recipes in the crafting menu. Whenever i start a game and progress far enought, my game is freeting when opening the crafting menu oder scolling down in the crafting menu (depends on how much posible recipes i have in the menu) now i startet a game wirth only a very few ressources so far and the game is freezing when i try to open the crafting menu. All was good, as long as i had no lether in the inventory. With the lether in the inventory, my game is freezing again. i have a sceenshot (a very bad, i know, but i reacted to slow for a better one). The screenshot shows all the materials ia had. Without the lether, i could open the crafting menu and do whatever i wanted to do. There need to be a corrupted recipe, which needs lether.

Please let me know, if you need any more Infomation about it. I realy want to get this fixed. I realy enjoy the game so far, but can't play it for long and can't realy begin to build much.

Best regards

Florian Lemmer

PS.: I had an issue with the forum here the last time and sent you and email. Sorry for that. But now i am trieing to go the right way. ;)

IMG_20171207_230830_resized_20171207_112633853-1.jpg

107 replies to this bug / suggestion

20 hours ago, Balsm7 said:

I broke down and decided to upgrade my video card. Not just for this game but also because I've needed one for awhile. My GPU was the bottleneck on this PC for sure. Christmas season allot of good deals right now. I picked up a gforce gtx 1050, installed current drivers and havent had an issue with the crafting window since. Running approx. 100fps now with the odd lag spike here and there. 

The issue is related somehow to older video card drivers, likely AMD specifically. Good luck fixing the issue! I hope for the others here your able to find a solution asap because this game is easy worth every penny. Not many games I'll dish out the money to upgrade some hardware but with ylands I didnt hesitate for a second. 

Happy holidays to the team! 

same feeling, cos ive been using some late gpu. and this Christmas i did something for my self. bought gtx1050 lol. like you i think i shouldn't have the issue moving forward LOL 
cheers mate! Happy Holidays

25660175_1938405946174359_7283158685425343049_n.jpg

This happens to me when I use my older laptop. It crashes / goes black or white screen and occasionally a driver error prompts from windows.

This does not however happen in my wife's desktop because of her 1070 perhaps, though, to note, there is a definite lag/framerate drop at times. 

I have been having the same issues as described. In the crafting window when searching for "s", immediate freeze. Also when scrolling down far enough in the building category, immediate freeze.

Issues happen on both exploration games as well as in the editor. Also occurs on multiplayer games.

My graphics card is an older AMD HD5770, much like the others that have posted one of the HD5xxx or HD6xxx range. Driver update or rollback does not help.
Problem does NOT occur on my wifes' machine, same multiplayer game, which has an AMD HD7850.

Happy holidays, hope you find a solution soon. Or perhaps the Unity update coming in 0.7 helps.

On 12/25/2017 at 7:36 PM, Sleekx said:

same feeling, cos ive been using some late gpu. and this Christmas i did something for my self. bought gtx1050 lol. like you i think i shouldn't have the issue moving forward LOL 
cheers mate! Happy Holidays

25660175_1938405946174359_7283158685425343049_n.jpg

no issues so far other then the odd lag spike. Hope it working well for you!

Most of the time this is graphics card/computer issue, ether that or something to do with using stream as a gateway (due to streams bootstrap). However; I would say make sure your flash app, or video drivers/cards are up to date as that is what most of the time cause that to happen.

Edited by MrBASins

Sooo, some new developments after having said bug for some 2 weeks now... I found that my SP sessions keep on crashing all the time whilst entering crafting menu, but in MP mode i don't have this problem (have got others though, like constantly being kicked out, and unreachable hosts). I can happily play for several hours, but as soon as i am entering SP mode again, first thing i do is opening crafting menu and the game crashes. ATI HD5700. Hopefully it will be fixed in 0.7.

I am having same issue, whenever I go to craft, game crashes, sends me back to steam, but computer is frozen, game's sound is still running in background, task manager says game is still running, but I have to Ctl Alt Delete to get stuff back to normal.

I like this game but as of now it's unplayable for than 10- 20 minutes at a time.

I've added error files - for the crash dump i added .txt so it could be inserted

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp.txt

• Thanks 1

At this point I dont think they can reproduce the issue on their end so they are hoping 0.7 (which includes a unity update) will help fix the problem. I was having the same issue with my hd 5750 to the point that I stopped playing because i couldnt craft anything. I upgraded to a geforce card and so far (knock on wood) havent had any problems with the crafting window. 

Hoping they fix this issue for you all asap. I know how frustrating it was not being able to play the game.... 

Edited by Balsm7

On 01/05/2018 at 3:52 AM, Phil14 said:

I am having same issue, whenever I go to craft, game crashes, sends me back to steam, but computer is frozen, game's sound is still running in background, task manager says game is still running, but I have to Ctl Alt Delete to get stuff back to normal.

I like this game but as of now it's unplayable for than 10- 20 minutes at a time.

I've added error files - for the crash dump i added .txt so it could be inserted

error.log

output_log.txt

crash.dmp.txt

Consider yourself lucky then. My game freezes as soon as i am pressing the hotkey. Let's hope the will fix it with the semi update being released in 2 weeks. I was just getting into the game, did my first MP session ever and then devs decided to roll out a buggy update. And if it's really is a Unity problem, lets hope v0.7 fixes it. Still loving the game though.

BUMP...

Anything new on this front? Sucks not being able to play this game since Dec. Please give us some hope your close. Do you have a work around... like can we edit it the ships and see if that helps?? Something Please...I love this game, paid for it, want to play it, Just sucks that having an older rig is rendering it broken.

Sorry about the issues you're having. For the update 0.7 we'll be switching to a newer Unity version and it is possible that this might help fix that. If not, we'll investigate again.

• Like 1

On 29-1-2018 at 5:53 PM, Eclipse6980 said:

BUMP...

Anything new on this front? Sucks not being able to play this game since Dec. Please give us some hope your close. Do you have a work around... like can we edit it the ships and see if that helps?? Something Please...I love this game, paid for it, want to play it, Just sucks that having an older rig is rendering it broken.

Is a MP session more stable when you're starting a server? In my case it is, i can easily play hour after hour most of the times. Sometimes i still do get the inv bug but not as much as in SP. Got lots of lagging and game freezing, and the outcome also seems to differ from day to dat, probably because of dynamic loads on network or server.

2 hours ago, Crystal_indy said:

Is a MP session more stable when you're starting a server? In my case it is, i can easily play hour after hour most of the times. Sometimes i still do get the inv bug but not as much as in SP. Got lots of lagging and game freezing, and the outcome also seems to differ from day to dat, probably because of dynamic loads on network or server.

I have not tried to play on MP

2 hours ago, simon.steiner said:

The issue appears to be persisting for me even in 0.7. (although a bit less frequent)

DxDiag.txt

How can it still not have been fixed

We switched to a newer version of Unity, but unfortunately it didn't help resolve the issue. We'll keep looking into it.

It's something on Unity/video card driver level, so it isn't really easy to figure out.

Still getting the crashes (they take longer on exploration mode, near instantaneous through craft cube) but on the other hand it takes 2 seconds to load the game from steam start and  another 10 to load a game file.  Overall massive improvements.  I'll put up more crash logs when I notice a pattern.

Unfortunately there's nothing we can do directly to fix it, since it's on the Unity/video card driver level. We contacted AMD to see if they can help us out, but this might take a while. Sorry about that.

18 hours ago, flokai said:

When im playing and open crafting menu my game will first freeze and then I see only black screan ... Ylands has stopped working, please can you help me how i can fix this ?

DxDiag.txt

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Do you  have an older AMD (ATI) card?

I had an older card didn't work got a new card GTX 1060 and game works fine now :P

• Like 1

On 10. 8. 2018 at 2:35 PM, Ane said:

Do you  have an older AMD (ATI) card?

I have ATI Radeon™ HD 5670 Graphics