Sign in to follow this  
Barsian

RESOLVED Loading bug

Question

Hi all,

last time I played Ylands, exit game sitting on chair and now i have problem with loading game with this save. Game is still loading, like on screen, but nothing happening. After re-load I´m able to go in, but without progress in game, stays only my character with inventory.

Any help?

bug.jpg

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hello!

I'm sorry to hear that, we'll look into it as soon as possible. Could you please send us the save file and the output_log file? This should be in the directory \Program Files\Ylands\Game\Ylands_Data.

Thanks!

Hi Barsian,

thanks for your files. We were able to reproduce the bug and fix it. 

Unfortunately we were unable to fully restore the content of your saved game.

What does this mean?

The world as you explored it is still there. Your character, his clothing and inventory should be fine.

However a certain area in the game, specific terrain block sized 96x96m where you were when this happened has been stripped of all the entities you placed there. Since you were probably at your "base" when this happened, I can imagine you lost a lot of things you built in the world.

Based on this error we are actually adding a new feature in the game that should prevent potential problems like this in the future, but obviously for you this comes a bit too late.

I am really sorry about this - although we're still in early alpha stage we are doing our best to prevent any potential bugs that could cause progress loss but some of those,unfortunately, get discovered only when some player experiences them. Due to what we just did this thing should happen way less often.

Ales

3 hours ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Hi Barsian,

thanks for your files. We were able to reproduce the bug and fix it. 

Unfortunately we were unable to fully restore the content of your saved game.

What does this mean?

The world as you explored it is still there. Your character, his clothing and inventory should be fine.

However a certain area in the game, specific terrain block sized 96x96m where you were when this happened has been stripped of all the entities you placed there. Since you were probably at your "base" when this happened, I can imagine you lost a lot of things you built in the world.

Based on this error we are actually adding a new feature in the game that should prevent potential problems like this in the future, but obviously for you this comes a bit too late.

I am really sorry about this - although we're still in early alpha stage we are doing our best to prevent any potential bugs that could cause progress loss but some of those,unfortunately, get discovered only when some player experiences them. Due to what we just did this thing should happen way less often.

Ales

Thanks for try, actually maybe i was lucky, because this new update propably fix it... i was able to login and had to destroy some furniture but can continue with this save :)

• Upvote 3