handofthesly

KNOWN ISSUE Items not stacking in containers/chests

Question

I've noticed that when I go to move items from my inventory into a chest or container, the items refuse to stack with identical items that are already in the chest/container.

So if I've got an incomplete stack of Iron Ingots in a chest and want to move another few Iron Ingots out of my inventory and join it with the ones in the chest, it simply won't do it.

Right clicking the ingots in my inventory doesn't work, and drag and dropping them into the chest won't work either. Instead it will just fill an empty slot if there is one. If there isn't a free slot available then the items will stay in your inventory stubbornly. When this happens you have to drag and drop the stack that's in the chest onto the one that's in your inventory and then put the now combined stack back into the chest. Really annoying.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I noticed it too ,but  what you have to do   move the  item into a compartment in the container,  and  once its in,  move it  to the other item you want to merge it with.   If the total is more than the amount allowable, the  remainder will stay in the  other  compartment.

eg.  if there's  80  ingots in the container, and   you have another  35 in inventory,  move the 35  into a  empty compartment in the container,   - when its  there  then move   it to the compartment containing  80 ingots..      that will now  show  100,  and  15  will stay in the  other.

Yup I realise that, my main problem is when there isn't a free slot in the container and you can't do it that way.

Know  what you mean ..especially  if you have full inventory. Maybe  after they  can  get the   steam release...and  Christmas ..   finished,  these  little things will be attended to.:|

The  forums  are  a like a kicked  wasps nest at the moment...   the  initial  buzz  from the  steam release.

Patience,  little   grassshopper:D    From  what we have seen so far,  they read these forums and  fix  what they can when they can ...

I tend to take the item from the container into my inventory, stack it and put it back. It’s long winded but works for now.