Wizza

Suggestions after 15hr play

Question

Hi all,

I've played about 15 hours of Ylands now and do have a few suggestions that may benefit the game which i'm sure people may have picked up on anyway.

- Make a food meter visible. Quite self explanatory really but I don't like to wait until it prompts me at the bottom of the screen that i'm hungry or waiting for the food icon to appear. A simple food bar would be beneficial.

- Front indicator on placeable items. I think it would be excellent if the front of an item was clearly marked before placing it down, maybe a small arrow indicating its direction?

- Achievements. Now I know this is a part of many games already out but having achievements in the game allow people to aim for goals instead of aimlessly building and not knowing what they want to do next. I know what I am doing in the game and what my aim is but now and again it'd be nice to open up an achievement area and see what I can aim for. This would also help with unlocking items. For example, an achievement could be to locate a rubber tree and therefore when found it would unlock rubber, rubber slabs etc.

- Secondary speed (running?). I think the movement of the character is a little too slow at the moment and I think that you have mastered a lot of human and realistic factors within the game but allowing a person to run (limited to stamina) would be an excellent addition).

I'll update this thread if I have any more (I may need to go further into the game).

Edited by Wizza
  • Upvote 6

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I think a nice run / sprint would be beneficial especially when trying to escape mutated bears! I've lost my goods a few times to them.

I'd like to suggest an inventory container(s) for tools. A Toolbox made from wood or metal, and a Toolpouch made from leather to put your knife, hammer, screwdriver, lighter, saw, axe, chisel, and pencil. Then maybe a Miner's Pack or Spelunker's Pack for your shovels, picks, etc. 

I am LOVING this game and I'm excited about it's development! 

Edited by Eisenwulfen
  • Upvote 1