JensNysse

RESOLVED Anvil and Saw missing in catalog :(

Question

Hi,

I'm playing an multiplayer game visible to others with password. As I have reached to the point where I need an Blacksmith Forge, I can see it in the catalog, and I have all the missing recepies except Anvil. I have all the materials that the Wiki says i should have, 1x Iron Ingot and a hammer. But I can't find the Anvil in the catalog :(

is this a bug or should I do something to unlock it?

Same thing is for the Saw.

thank you,

best regards,

Nysse 

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

do you have  bellows  for the forge?  you will need leather  or  cloth and a sewing   kit    ..made from yarn.

Check to see  hammer is not  broken...

You have to look for the item  under crafting  ... not inventory .. that caught me out!  . Also not be  near another station that can  interact with you,

Try  moving  away to a clear space,  close all  inventory.crafting  windows..   then    using Tab, go straight to crafting  and look for  an anvil under  general list...   make sure you have   a hammer  and  iron etc in inventory ... and perhaps have the  hammer  'equipped"   that is, in your  hand.

I admit that finding   some things  can be  tricky,  but after a while  you soon get the  "feel" for  it  ...

Have  fun

• Upvote 1

I too am having this issue with the anvil. I have iron ingots and a stone hammer but its not appearing. I also have made all of the other required items for the forge. I also can not make the casting mold (for the foundry) cause of the same issue. Maybe the wiki is incorrect but it says iron ingot and any hammer for the anvil and same items required for the casting mold.

Edited by DaVinchi

I've also had this issue with Anvil and Saw and a couple of other recipes, but only in Multiplayer. During single player the recipe for Anvil appears correctly once I've had all the ingredients in my inventory at least once, however in multiplayer it would not unlock for me (across multiple characters in the same world) so seems to be consistent. That said, I've not been able to replicate this on one of the Official servers.

Im playing in single player, but after quiting the game and restarting, the items have appeared.

Edited by DaVinchi

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory) files are very welcome!

On 12/9/2017 at 10:59 PM, Ane said:

This is a known issue and we are working on a fix. output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory) files are very welcome!

I also have the same problem. Attaching the files requested to help out.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

In one of the upcoming updates we are releasing a potential fix for this issue that should prevent this from happening.