bneuvert

DEV ANSWER Inventory Items Disappearing Issue

Question

Hi, I've played the game for around 10 hours now, and I've noticed a few things. Firstly, I have fallen through the world a few times. Second, and most importantly, I have found that, upon filling the inventory, items disappear from the inventory and cannot be accessed. I will include images of my problem. If you notice, the seeds below my hammer are floating in some other realm. It still shows that I have 42 of the seeds in my inventory (3rd column, third row) but I can't get them back unless I relog. While this isn't a huge deal, I would really like to see this fixed in the future. I'll still play whether or not you decide to fix this, but if you do, I will be eternally grateful.

Ylands_171208_150852.png

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

The falling through the  earth bug was attended to in the  steam release...    are you using it, or the trial version?

Same here :)

I guess bug occurs when your inventory is almost full and you are trying to swap something in it .. :)

Then the item goes to the column under the inventory and the box where it should be is empty + you cant do anything with the item.

BB0C3810211BBC5DDD8337C3AC5AB9950432767C

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix!

On 12/9/2017 at 9:47 AM, Ane said:

We are aware of the issue and are working on a fix!

Any update on the fix for this? It's my single biggest issue at the moment. I host for our clan and I'm constantly having to reset and have everyone log out and back in. None of my friends are having this issue though. I've noticed that it's happening with more and more frequency as well. At first it was every once in a while, now every couple of minutes another item glitches and just so I dont have to reset everyone again (since maps reset for them each time as well) I just deal with it until I need to use one of those items. I' having to reset every 20-30 minutes at this point :/ 

We still haven't managed to find repro steps for this, but we're still looking into it. It won't make it into this week's update, I'm afraid.

are we going to get a heads up on the updates in game ? it would be good to know what will going to be ready like in rocket league there's a window at the main menu where it says what the next update will include this will make the people who ask for the same problems less and create less flooding :P 

Mm we haven't thought of any system like that. Perhaps in the future? :)

The same problem here. I suppose it happens when I move items in the inventory and game "spikes" at the same moment. Game freezes for a second or so and the I realise item is out of the slot. In my case it always happens when I drag and drop items from slot to slot or from chest/furniture into inventory, but also it happened once when I was trying to put my pants on! ;)  My pants showed up below the inventory window (as in all screenshots above) and I was unable to put any pants on me. I had to close the game (return to main menu usually saves forever and I have to close Ylands via Task Manager).

My second guess is (I haven't check it yet, because I don't like this bug, but I will) that if I drag and drop something too fast and not precisely - if I do not drop item into the middle of the slot, but between them? Outside the slot a bit? it will float. Sometimes it happens more than once and I have two "empty slots in the air".

But... for now I'm pretty convinced that it happens when game "spikes" during drag 'n drop.

On 12/8/2017 at 5:28 PM, kimbuck said:

The falling through the  earth bug was attended to in the  steam release...    are you using it, or the trial version?

Three years later, the bug still exists. Case in point. A paid server where i fell through and took a screen shot while falling.

Ylands_200927_225809.png

On 9/28/2020 at 8:28 PM, Jeff Vaughn said:

Three years later, the bug still exists. Case in point. A paid server where i fell through and took a screen shot while falling.

Ylands_200927_225809.png

This is probably by now a new bug I'm afraid ? If it happens again, could you send us the output_logs? You can find them here \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data