owmyeye

Wooden Door

I want to make a wooden door but can't figure out how. Only doors I can make are iron and iron bar doors. I have wood. Logs. Nails. Wood crafting kit, Hammer. Screw driver. And so much more. I can't even think of anything else to pick up to get a wood door. 

We really need a crafting guide. Don't anyone bother saying check the wiki... we all know it's *empty*. If you tell me to check it, go add a door listing first :)

Hi. You're probably missing some planks.

We're currently looking into making the crafting system much more intuitive and easier to understand, it should be introduced in some of the next few updates :)

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Khanecz said:

Hi. You're probably missing some planks.

We're currently looking into making the crafting system much more intuitive and easier to understand, it should be introduced in some of the next few updates :)

Thanks. No it's not that it isn't intuitive, it's just when you need something to get something else to get something to get something to.....  Easy to get a bit lost in that. Sometimes it can be figured out, but with so many items it can be a simple case of missing one thing and not noticing then being shut out from 5 other things.

For example, I figured out the answer to my door problem: I missed seeing the Bow Saw. Once I found the Saw, I was like A HA! I immediately noticed I could then make a plank, so figured I needed to, then also saw I could make a Beam, so did it just in case. And yeah, door appears in the list. 

What's really needed is a guide and that's all. So far from what I've seen it's not like you would read it in a guide and say "well that makes no sense, how could I have figured it out?", it just mostly works out to be the case of "oh there is a bow saw, of course...".
What's needed is the guide to be *in game*. I mean alt-tab is OK (if you have someone to actually go...) but something that fully integrates into the same crafting menu to show progression tree's will be way more user friendly. Especially if the progression tree will allow you to click on each part to go back to the crafting screen on it or to actually make it. That will cut down on the back and forward between the guide and the actual crafting. 

Yes, that is what i meant. Sorry about not being clear enough :)

We want to rework the crafting system interface in such a way so you can tell which items are important. Something along the lines of technology tree or highlighted key items.

Our goal is so you and other players don't encounter these problems in the future. :)

• Upvote 1