SenpaiCurse

Sailing the seas

Spent 3 hours sailing to the north only to realize there was not enough islands in the map, But on the side note, the game is awesome so far, I'm 10 hours in and It's been fun.

• Upvote 1

did you finish exploiting your original island (as this is a place I have never been to having graphics trouble) How hard was it to build your first boat?? thanks.. and have you found other maps with tnuf islands?? I thought they would be plentiful!!!

All of your islands may have been in the other direction. My current map has no islands to the north at all, only to the west and south

Well, you can usually hear the birds, so..

Edited by HetNeSS

49 minutes ago, HetNeSS said:

Well, you can usually hear the birds, so..

Not when the unholy wind gods send out a storm when it's midnight and I can't hear or see anything lol

2 hours ago, Cameron Newitt said:

did you finish exploiting your original island (as this is a place I have never been to having graphics trouble) How hard was it to build your first boat?? thanks.. and have you found other maps with tnuf islands?? I thought they would be plentiful!!!

Yeah me and my friend looted the whole island and set sail, we started out with rafts but that didn't work, we eventually built a large ship with 2 sails and just put all our crafting stuff on it.

Do i move while i sleep on my ship? Funny when i go north and south of my yland it becomes cold... Just find only one more yland in the east behind this one was nothing. Now go to west... we'll see what is there;)

6 hours ago, Husky13 said:

Do i move while i sleep on my ship? Funny when i go north and south of my yland it becomes cold... Just find only one more yland in the east behind this one was nothing. Now go to west... we'll see what is there;)

you don't move when you sleep on the ship. Islands usually are no farther than 15 or so minutes away. Follow the birds. If you can't see due to night or rain.. sleep till it is sunny out. It will save you the trouble of sailing for hours. I sailed for 2 hours and just gave up and started over. You just went to far. If the water is dark blue there is no island even close to you. 

you can  put a bed on a larger ship  and  sleep.  But a word of warning  ...do not leave the ship in sail  with the anchor  up and   you  not holding the  helm  when you log out.... you could find yourself swimming after your  ship  when you re-log! I was  reading  my map  when my isp went down ... when i returned   i was i the water and my ship  a dot on the horizon...i swam after it and  luckily  the  ship  ran into an island and  stopped and i recovered it, but was down to 1 and a half  hearts of  health  ..and   starving!

I have since  discovered  that if you leave a moving  ship, it  will eventually  stop of its  own accord after a period of   time ...   Just  keep  swimming and pray the  sharks   have had  their  dinner alreadyxD

It is possible   during bad weather to sail between islands and not  spot them! ...a  zig  zag  course and a  constant lookout  for birds  is   a good   idea

Here is what I did and kinda cheeky. When you start a save,  spawn in and immediatly leave. When you go to continue there will be a picture of your map instead of a picture of your character. I screen shot that and then explore my island. I get the shape of it then go back to the screen shot and find what island I am on and then from there I know exactly where every island is so I don't go on the hour sail...  If the map does not show when you try to continue just erase your progress which would be nothing anyway and the map will pop up.

15997A140A53301B3EA4BAADAC02AD245F05D806

Edited by Dustin Michael

1 hour ago, Dustin Michael said:

Here is what I did and kinda cheeky. When you start a save,  spawn in and immediatly leave. When you go to continue there will be a picture of your map instead of a picture of your character. I screen shot that and then explore my island. I get the shape of it then go back to the screen shot and find what island I am on and then from there I know exactly where every island is so I don't go on the hour sail...  If the map does not show when you try to continue just erase your progress which would be nothing anyway and the map will pop up.

I was wondering how you did this ;)

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2017 at 11:27 AM, Dustin Michael said:

Ohhh... cheeky indeed... I'm so trying this tonight!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Lupowop said:

Ohhh... cheeky indeed... I'm so trying this tonight!!

be warned make sure you only do it on a new save. It is only working for me when I go to game options and erase my progress. Some people it erases their save all together. So only do it on new saves. Some people says it works for them others say it doesn't. Here is a little 1 mintue video showing how it works for me.

• Upvote 1

Birds fly between islands in straight lines, they turn around and fly back and forth when they get to the next island. If you press F1 and read the sailing guide in the Codec it out right tells you in there that you need to follow the birds to find another island. The best thing to do is circle your current island until you see birds out at sea. Turn to travel that direction, look at your compass, are you heading north? south? east? west? once you see the direction the birds are going just keep your compass on that heading.. if a storm comes it wont matter because you already know the direction to go.

23 hours ago, Dustin Michael said:

be warned make sure you only do it on a new save. It is only working for me when I go to game options and erase my progress. Some people it erases their save all together. So only do it on new saves. Some people says it works for them others say it doesn't. Here is a little 1 mintue video showing how it works for me.

@Dustin Michael... so I tried this step by step and it does not work for me :( Perhaps your cheekyness has been patched?  :(