daenifae

Multiplayer Issues (crashes, general lag, password saving)

Question

I'm not too sure how to help with files etc so my output log is attached. We have to stop playing for a while until some of these are fixed as it is just too unstable, it has become frustrating and it's not fun as a result.

We've played multiplayer locally with my PC hosting for a couple of hours, and it has crashed three times. No connection with what we were doing at the time it just randomly crashes.

The password doesn't save / the settings for the multiplayer don't save - when you continue, you have to enter the setup details again.

The map doesn't save (which is a known issue).

There are random lag spikes which make it difficult to play at times, particularly when it happens in the middle of combat.

The main issue is the random crashing - whatever is doing this needs to be fixed before we can continue to play, as it's just too difficult if it is unstable.

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

Was going to edit but apparently I can't pass the security check despite ticking the I'm not a robot. Anyway.

EDIT: An issue that is probably not a bug, but just something really annoying is the not being able to sleep in multiplayer mode. I expected this to be similar to Minecraft in that if you try and sleep, it won't do anything unless everyone in the game has a bed and is also sleeping. Having it so that the server host controls the wake up time (or there is a default number of hours you sleep that are controlled in the server settings) would be amazing...