Sign in to follow this  
Dustin Michael

Couple suggestions for the map

Question

I would really like to see a key on the map. I have been reading through questions and like myself didn't know what deposits were what on the map. Also I would like to be able to mark on the map. Check a point where you found stuff to come back to it later. You have pencils to craft you can make it use one of those per mark on the map. 

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I like the idea of being able to mark or write notes on the map. Not so sure on having a key/legend though, most would have discovered the ores before discovering how to craft a map anyway. But if you have the ability to mark the map then people would be able to note down this sort of thing for themselves. 

• Upvote 1

Better still   being able  to  name the island ... so you can identify which ones  you have  visited.

I try to leave behind some  type of marker  or  flag   but to be able to  do it on the map would be  awesome

Also,  being able to show the name of  or  original   spawn island   ¬¬

57 minutes ago, handofthesly said:

I like the idea of being able to mark or write notes on the map. Not so sure on having a key/legend though, most would have discovered the ores before discovering how to craft a map anyway. But if you have the ability to mark the map then people would be able to note down this sort of thing for themselves. 

Developers did confirmed on the steam discussions forum that something like that will come in the distant future. Having a hard time to locate my base each time using the map for myself

http://steamcommunity.com/app/298610/discussions/1/1499000547472714195/

12 hours ago, handofthesly said:

I was thinking on the key to show where deposits are. I have been looking for sulpher and saltpeter forever and on the map it does show me the deposits on the islands I just don't know which one is which. Some colors are so close te each other.