Eric34

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-7943] The more you explore, the more GPU usage rises

Question

Hello,

I have got a strange Problem: The more I explore, the more the GPU usage rises. On the first day (6th) I had a GPU usage of 10%. I was only on the starting Island. Then I started traveling to the second Island and the usage was 20-30%. Today I found the third and fourth Island and the usage is around 50-60%. The GPU temperature is rising too. On the first day it was around 50-60C. Today I have 73C. Fans working. I tryed all grafic Settings of Yland (LOW to High, All activated or not. Nothing changes) I am a bit scared. I can Play f.e. Witcher 3 on High without reaching the usage and the Temperature of Yland today. Do you have any idea what to do? Maybe some starting Options?

My PC:

I5-6600K

8GB RAM

gtx 1060 6GB

Win10

All Drivers are updated

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

I tryed the Launch Option -dx11. Now the temperature stopps at 63 C. I will try a few other Options. Let's look whats happens :D

I have a simular problem. The game seems to be slower and more and more stuttering the longer you play. And after several hours of play it crashes with 'ylands.exe stoped working' May be some sort of memory leak or something. It happens even if I stay in the same place. But since every object in the game never despawns it must be like thousands of objects to animate after a while. The woods looks like a mess after a while since I only need logs. The tree trunks also disaperas when you get close to them. (reported in another post)

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

20171209145029_1.jpg

I think you are right: After my -dx11 try, I explored a new Island and the same Problem started again. I stopped now Playing, because i don't want wo melt something in my pc :D Maybe it's a Shader Problem. Does anyone know which shader is used? I guess Version 5. I try to find some more Launch Options.

We have seen how fast the devs are with updates. I think this Problem will be soon fixed.

• Upvote 1

I have not tried it  in Ylands,  but  in some other games, graphics  issues and  overheating  can be  mitigated by turning  down the resolution. Also it pays  at least  once a year to have the dust removed from inside your  PC ...  ages ago i tried  using a vacuum cleaner to suck dust out without opening the case and instead  i dragged lint etc into the fan area of   my GPU  and blocking its operation...   result    = one  dead  graphics  card and a rather smelly  PC!

The Devs  here are very prompt ...    if there's an issue they will soon  get onto it. The  games still in early  access, so  expect a few  bugs to be crawling around  in the woodworkB|

I have just started to experience 'stuttery' gameplay after exploring roughly four islands and building my house. However if you put it into first person view it seems to improve the gameplay. Very odd.

Sounds like something is loading into graphics memory, and not being unloaded - leak. Some form of programmed assessment by the developers, of which resources are not unloading could likely help identify the leak. Just a stab in the dark though really, as still much optimisation to be done etc.

6 hours ago, John - NEXFER said:

Sounds like something is loading into graphics memory, and not being unloaded - leak. Some form of programmed assessment by the developers, of which resources are not unloading could likely help identify the leak. Just a stab in the dark though really, as still much optimisation to be done etc.

I think that could be the Problem. I tryed windoded mode with different resolutions yesterday. The Problem stays, but it Comes slower. The last 2h I was only on my ship, searching for a new Island. If I looked to the ship ground, it's slowers the Problem to. Looking up, made it come faster. Is it maybe the heaven? Maybe the stuff underwater?

BTW: I remove the dust every first week of the month. :)

I just tested it again:

If I look from the ship to ocean down -> 25%-33% more gpu usage

I had similar problem. Game is slower and slower and CPU hotter and hotter every few hours of exploring. Now game crashes minute after load and I cannot play at all...