GeekSqueek

RESOLVED [YLD-7976] Game stuck on startup

Question

Hello to the person reading this,

first of all, i'm sorry if my english isnt that great. 
On to the subject. When i start the game on steam it freezes on startup, i see a small white box and it wont respond, after that it closes because it got stuck.

Maybe it has to do with the resolution? but i tried to fix that with startup options adding. I reinstalled the game like 10 times. Didnt work.
I hope someone knows the answer and can help me. The game did work just fine on the non steam version, the client that doesnt get updated anymore.

ylands not responding.png

• Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Please send us your DxDiag report and the following files: output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory)

• Thanks 1

On 9-12-2017 at 5:21 PM, GeekSqueek said:

Hello to the person reading this,

first of all, i'm sorry if my english isnt that great. 
On to the subject. When i start the game on steam it freezes on startup, i see a small white box and it wont respond, after that it closes because it got stuck.

Maybe it has to do with the resolution? but i tried to fix that with startup options adding. I reinstalled the game like 10 times. Didnt work.
I hope someone knows the answer and can help me. The game did work just fine on the non steam version, the client that doesnt get updated anymore.

ylands not responding.png

output_log.txt 

i can only find the output_log.txt

Edited by GeekSqueek
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

On 10-12-2017 at 11:14 AM, Ane said:

Please send us your DxDiag report and the following files: output_log and output_log_clean (\Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data directory)

On 10-12-2017 at 1:43 PM, _tizio_ said:

Same issue, here's my output_log file:

output_log.txt

Yo guys, i deleted the yland files in regedit 
image.thumb.png.0e9199c65c4edc309db3da2bd18a1b3e.png
IT WORKS NOW!

so here is how i fixed my problem:

I deleted local contant on steam. 
I deleted the maps of ylands in the steam directory of appdate
i deleted everything of ylands in %appdata%
Than i started regedit, and pressed ctrl + F en searched for Ylands and deleted all the registers (MAKE A BACKUP BEFORE YOU DO THIS) <-- just to be sure. 

Edited by GeekSqueek
Better explain
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

So i made a better tutorial. because someone on steam told me that he had the same problem.

So what you want to do is: Delete the local contant with steam. Just delete the game. Than go to your C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common and delete the Ylands map if its still there. Than you go to %appdata% Just place it were C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common <-- is standing and press enter. search for the Ylands maps and stuff delete those.

The next thing you do is 

start regedit. you just typ in the search balk of your windows "regedit" en press enter. Export your regedit for safty, make a backup. And than you also search the ylands regs with Ctrl + F and typ ylands and delete every register from ylands and save. Now you can install ylands again and it should work, well it did for me!

• Thanks 1