Ane

Compilation of known issues [UPDATED ON 30/08/2018]

Question

Here I'm gonna compile the most common issues reported so far in the last few days. Note that we are aware of these and we are working to fix them. Some might take more time than others to fix, depending on the difficulty and/if we are able to reproduce them.

Once they're fixed, you'll be able to see it in the changelog. Be aware that this list doesn't contain generic issues like server issues, lack of optimization etc.

[UPDATED ON 30/08/2018]

* Items not stacking in containers
* Ship losing control (ie: when hit by a seagull)
* Crashes when using crafting panel (possibly related to older AMD (ATI) cards)
* Items being invisible when placing them on ships
* Rain/snow getting through buildings/caves
* Crashes in rain storms
* Ship ladder falls and when clicking on it, character falls through the earth

PS: If you can think of any other issue, feel free to post it here!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 7

86 replies to this bug / suggestion

On 12/31/2017 at 10:16 AM, Butch1969 said:

Can't walk under a roof overhang

In the attached save game file, you'll start at a point close to the location in question.  There is a stone roof that my avatar can't walk under without a glitch.  Normally I pause and / or stop unless I jump, then I can proceed under.  The height of the roof is a little lower than "normal" but it is at the same height as a regular door.

Cantgounderroof123117.zip

Cantgounderroof123117.zip

I make all my ceilings on the 9th block. That is 2 blocks above a door. If you do only one block above the door on a ship, you will get jiggy with it, and sometimes have to jump to get unstuck. 

• Upvote 1

There are a few things that I have seen while playing the game that I am curious if this is something that is being reported here or not. I've seen several posts about some of these on steam, but I am not seeing them in the list of knowns.

Water - Digging while underwater to build causes the water level in a large area to drop and not fill in again. 
FPS issues in Single Player - I keep seeing instances where the game hangs for a second or 2, and after FPS drops to around 18-20 before climbing back to 59/60.
(I know this is Early Access, and Optimizations might still be pending, but the spikes also seem to be related to network connection, rather than system hardware/software communication.)

Last thing is not really a bug, but an advantage in my mind, but I was curious if this was something that would be patched or not since it is something I use to save area space. 
Plants - Seeds for Food and Trees can be stacked when planting, and will allow each to grow in place over one another. 

Other than that, you have a great game in the works here. Can't wait for the optimizations and finished product. 

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Edited by LeGreyWolf
Removed System information from post

ok   heres a new one    ..ships    getting  stuck and  and not moving   when attacked  by  multiple sharks ..its happened  3  times now  with me  and  when it happens  you cannot  release the   helm   to    feed or anything,  camera view  sticks and  stutters, and all you can do is wait until you die  of starvation ...or  press  escape ( the only    option as other commands  wont  work..) and   see where you respawn and kiss your ship and   belongings  good bye!o.O

all of this was noticed in single player gamesin 53 hours of testing. only with this pc.

4.3ghz 8 core processor

strix r9 380 gpu at 4gb

32 gigs 2133 corsair ram

windows 10 64 bit os

500gb sansung ssd

1. birds fly under water

2. animals pathing breaks quite often leaving them motionless.

3. digging causes screen tearing seeing all way through the world this can be done walking under a ledge as well.

4. tamed animals walk off leaving you.

5.inventory glitch where items shift off screen inaccessible on a fresh map]

7. hit boxes digging are not  correct sometimes you dig completely behind you not where you are pointing same with placing blocks.

8. Massive lockups on death or just before death

9. items fall under other items becoming unreachable.

10 car parts that fall off of cars are persistent and cant be removed.

11. moderate to large builds are 100% unplayable due to engine limits.

12. first person has no animations or tools making it very hard to see what you are using or digging.

13. Using the shovel some parts the map wont flatten or fill.

14. the editor crashes after dropping to 1 frame trying to paste in a building.

15. fires above the ocean automatically go out when lit.

16. at the water line the particle effects of the water disappear.

17. some times the poi's only half load leaving garbage floating in the air.

18. digging voxel will leave unseable at certain angle shard known as widdow makers on the map effectivly trapping anything that walks into them.

19. rain storms make the game unplayable due to such bad performance.

20. if you run a horse into a wall or rock and dismount you get stuck in terrain.

21. chunk loading staggers even the best of pcs making exploring nearly impossible.

22.looking at animals drops fps significantly testing on boars trying to resolve poor performance.

23.sharks get stuck in the terrain making them easy to punch to death.

24. trees wont grow on oceans [specifically no island map on your workshop.

25. in the editor saving a map change auto saves a project in your game list.

26. enterting a boat in first person and exiting the boat results in being back in third person mode.

27. there is no draw back in first person mode for bows.

28. some times items of the same type do not stack unless refreshed by dropping them.

29.the auto sizing of the gui crafting will result in the item leaving the list and items unwanted crafted if you click to fast.

30.no tool tips

31.it rains indoors.

32. trees clip through walls

33. items dropped near a house or structure sometimes drop on the roof of the building.

34. water will not propogate leaving ai pockets in the water.

35. using a  lt torch and changing to a pick puts out the torch.

36. all prefabs are on half block off the grid making them unable to build on

37.horse ocassionally explode leathing their hides

38. agro range on sharks is way to far away the will travel from other islands to get you in the right cases.

39.the default keys to manipulate items are scattered across the keyboard needing 14 inch fingers to use them.

40. mining helmets turn off to quickly in the am leaving you in complete darkness.

41. grave stones are too hard to remove and litter the island on corpse runs.

42. some foods do not give food 

43 no food meter its hard to know if you are hungry or mortialy staving.

44. some sounds are way to loud example is a cat can be heard way to far away.

45. plants and treees can be planted infinatly in the same block.

46. fishing says not facing water in the middle of the ocean facing the water you need to find a sweet spot.

47. a animal killing you at a spawn location will effectivly put you into a looping death.

48. items do not auto stack when removed from chests making inv managment a real pain.

49.walking into a teepee will result in the teepeee not rendering becoming invisable.

50. boat by a dock on water level can float under the dock getting stuck.

51. alot of the features added into the exploration example map. can not be manipulated in your editor [namely spawning and roles dont show in the list]

52.objects place under the precision mode have no substance and cannot be built off of.

53. if you feed a horse and to quickly try again it puts you in hand mode punching the horse.

I desided to stop there 53 hours testing 0 playing 53 bugs thats one per hour of play i think thats fair for you to get started on.

Thanks 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

So, I have a fun one.  I have a tree farm set up, because wood for days, and I've noticed that items will get stuck in the air... See screenshots below. They're just stuck there, never falling.  If I build up to them I can still click them down, but it's a moderate nightmare and it's been causing lag. 

Ylands_180405_211428.png

Ylands_180405_220839.png

Here is a new one, creating a char, then linking your account to main website will erase your character, then tell you your name is taken.. If i could have more then one I would take another and just get back Zalzany later but if its one name for all servers I want my original name I would picked a name I hate to see like JohnyDeppXxX or something weird if I knew I could lock out a name forever with out actually using it lol

Hi,

No sun! After last update there is no sun in Ylands.

Rest of bugs I listed in separate post, please, take a look:

Best Regads,
Bartosz

here are some big ones,

1. you can't animate objects on ships as reference points don't stay with them nor do they respect move command and instead move to the map position (not the position grid on the ship)

2. trying to move a block on a ship (using the planar move tool)  when too close will instead select and move the block your mouse is over. The same happens on the rotate tool and makes it near impossible to fine tune larger compositions.

3. hitbox selection will randomly move two feet to the right, to select one block you might have to look at the ones next to it.

4. groups can no longer be made on ships.

5. using the lock and unlock script command will not trigger lock unlock event starts on the respective entity but using the damage command will.

6. sometimes when returning to the editor from a test game, pressing V will no longer allow for fine adjustment and it will be impossible to go into free placing mode and the only solution is to abandon editor game (logging does not fix)

7. when duplicating a selection of blocks, some of the blocks that make up the selection will double dupe and you won't find them until you paint.

8. getting up from chairs will sometimes teleport you to the floor above

9. when on a ship, if an iron rod, pole or other small item obstructs your view, every noncontainer/furniture will turn invisible until you move the camera.

10. broken helm is actually bigger than ship helm.

11. lit stove turns nearby bread to ash.

12. points of interest are not generated in explore maps from the editor but are from the main menu.

On February 5, 2018 at 3:29 AM, bojo2736 said:

In MP, I can't free place the last item in a stack. Example: I was trying to place individual flowers on a clay pot. I had three purple orchids. I could easily place number one and two, but three would not place at all. This happened with several items. It took me some time to realize it was always the last item in the stack.

@Adam Snellgrove the last item not placing bug.