Polk

Saltpeter

We have been looking for Saltpeter for a long time but we find none, we are wondering where to find it an there is no Yland Wiki made about it. Some help would be appreciated!

Hi, mostly where I find it is on "dessert Ylands", last 1 I got on was filled with 4 big sources. 

You can also  find smaller  deposits on some temperate islands,   or  even  inside caves , but  the  desert  islands seem the best choice,  as A3_Nelle  suggests ..  they are also the best places for sulphur  to appear on  the surface.

The  wiki is a work in progress..  priority  seems to be to get the game   running  smoothly  first before they add the bells and whistles:P

Saltpeter is white on the map. Just look at the map and the island you are on and if you see very small white patches on your map. That is saltpeter.

My friend and I have scoured 3 desert islands completely for saltpeter and have yet to find any.. Can someone advise what we're doing wrong?

9 hours ago, Nuke92 said:

My friend and I have scoured 3 desert islands completely for saltpeter and have yet to find any.. Can someone advise what we're doing wrong?

You're not doing anything wrong. Saltpeter just seems to be really hard to find.. My friend and i searched 3 different islands and their caves before finally stumbling on a tropical island with saltpeter literally on the surface.. It was on the side of some rock and not far from the sea, if that makes any difference..

Edited by Paul Husiw

I found a fair amount on my starter island, it had oaks, flax, was mostly green, no snow, no bamboo, no tropical plants/palms and no conifers. If that gives an indication of the type of biome.