Jaci

Climate Change

Is there any way to start in exploration mode that's not a tropical biome? I have tried starting many times and I always end up in a tropical rainforest type setting. It rains all the time and its harder to see in the jungle. 

I think its  mainly  luck where you  start...  i  been dumped the last 2 tries on a temperate zone...no rubber..and   hordes of  wolves and  grizzly bears waiting to taste  my pixel flesh¬¬  All i  can suggest is to keep trying  until you score a place that looks suitable.  Each region  island has its  advantages and  drawbacks,  ..... that's the  challenge!O.o       but i  agree -  those storms can be annoying , however they do seem to  be seasonal...

Thank you Kimbuck, I will continue to roll the dice then. I was beginning to think we could only get the rain forest/tropical biome to begin. I agree the storms are a bit much. My avatar is currently stuck in the forest with a rainstorm actively going and I can't see to get out. I will likely die before daylight lol.

lmao, go to cave then sleep there with basic bed made with grass. you can eat some mushroom which grow inside the cave too

• Haha 1

Yes, I rolled the dice and finally found an island I am happy with. It is tropical but with way less forest this time around. In my defense I must say, some of us ladies don't like the big bad forest or those nasty dark caves lol. Thanks everyone.

Same here... I have about 8 save games which were "lets just try this out"... Last spawn was initially epic (lots of clay, wood, food, no baddies around, etc) but I'm missing rubber, copper, and sulphur to progress my crafting recipes... so off to find new resource lands soon...  This game is so much fun so far!  I love the way its' running, playing, and progressing so far!