Pyelot

DEV ANSWER Suggestion to clear dirt thats floats periodically

Question

Suggestion or bug?

In explore mode,

When we construct dirt  piles or dig dirt and then pick axe it away to remove it , it sometimes leaves small bits of earth floating in the air and we unable to use the pick axe to get them. they are too tiny and remain there even after quiting the Ylands and returning to the game.

Is the a way for these dirt flagments to be removed when the game loads or give us a tool that makes it easier in game to remove them easier ourselves, some tool with less accuracy is needed that acually removes it when point the ingame 'centre dot' at it. The pick axx just doens't get them.

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

You can remove those floating bits with the Terraformer (with the remove terrain option), although this tool is only available in the Create mode (or you can cheat a little bit and add it to your Explore map by typing "/additem terraformer" in the console).

We are aware of this and are trying to fix it, although it's a little bit complicated, since it involves messing with how the terrain generation works etc. But we'll get there! :) 

Thanks for the workaround. As I'm letting my young daughter have ultimate control of this explore map, I won't add it, even though it's tempting.

She already worked out that if we couldn't make a boat to the other islands she could ride her horse all the way there! So no doubt she would build a land bridge to the other islands. I'll save that idea for later.

Can I add the terraformer, do the cleaning and then remove the terraformer tool! 

What would be the console command for that?

You do not need any special command to do that. :) You can destroy Terraformer as you would any other item:

1) Left click on the Terraformer in your inventory and you should see this window. Then just click on the button BREAK to break it. 2017-01-18.png

2) But there is one more thing. You now have 5 Ylandium Dust from the broken Terraformer. Last thing you have to do is click five times on DESTROY to destroy all the remaining Ylandium Dust. :P

2017-01-18 (1).png

BIG WARNING HERE: Be careful with Terraformer! It can change the terrain drastically which leads to bigger problems than floating dirt. I suggest to try out the Terraformer first in some Create scenario. ;)

• Upvote 2

Thanks for the Tips Michal.

I'll choose to leave the floating dirt, I think.

You can also try to get rid of it just with adding Dirt and then removing it with Spade, Shovel or Pick. Downside of this is that its slower and more annoying (when you leave every time some piece of floating dirt) but you cant mess up anything like you can with the Terraformer. :)