Zayzu

Boat/Ship speed

Question

I dont know about you guys, but I feel like the ship/boat speed on the ocean is a bit low. I feel like it could have been uped a little bit. Or maybe its just something wrong with my ship that makes it go slower than it should be, idk. 

9 replies to this bug / suggestion

2 minutes ago, Adrian Posz said:

Do you know if adding extra blocks/storage/items to a ship will give it weight that will skew those percentages?

Weight doesn't impact the ship speed at all! I also tested this and it will be in the video :D Other things that don't matter are for example the direction of the sails. You can place the sails upside down, sideways, flat etc., it all won't matter! 

Edited by WijkagentAdrie
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Zayzu said:

I dont know about you guys, but I feel like the ship/boat speed on the ocean is a bit low. I feel like it could have been uped a little bit. Or maybe its just something wrong with my ship that makes it go slower than it should be, idk. 

Heya! I'm almost done recording my first youtube video on ship speed! The ship speed is based on the amount of sails you put on the ship :) In my video I will explain how much masts will give you how much speed.

Just now, WijkagentAdrie said:

Heya! I'm almost done recording my first youtube video on ship speed! The ship speed is based on the amount of sails you put on the ship :) In my video I will explain how much masts will give you how much speed.

Cool, thanks! I did not know that! ^^

Just now, Zayzu said:

Cool, thanks! I did not know that! ^^

For a quick preview:

Each large mast gives 100% speed, each small mast gives 60% speed. The maximum amount on a large ship is 550%, the maximum amount on a small ship is 450% :) So on a large ship, 5 large masts + 1 small masts (560% total) is the max, on the small ship 4 large masts + 1 small mast (460%) is the maximum! The direction of placement doesn't matter.

1 minute ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

For a quick preview:

Each large mast gives 100% speed, each small mast gives 60% speed. The maximum amount on a large ship is 550%, the maximum amount on a small ship is 450% :) So on a large ship, 5 large masts + 1 small masts (560% total) is the max, on the small ship 4 large masts + 1 small mast (460%) is the maximum! The direction of placement doesn't matter.

Haha, I will try to fit it on there xD

Just now, Zayzu said:

Haha, I will try to fit it on there xD

To be fair there's no real need to go crazy! I noticed that with about 240-320% the speeds are already very decent and usable :) 

10 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

To be fair there's no real need to go crazy! I noticed that with about 240-320% the speeds are already very decent and usable :) 

Do you know if adding extra blocks/storage/items to a ship will give it weight that will skew those percentages?

1 minute ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

Weight doesn't impact the ship speed at all! I also tested this and it will be in the video :D Other things that don't matter are for example the direction of the sails. You can place the sails upside down, sideways, flat etc., it all won't matter! 

Hot dang! Having your sails upside down or sideways, that is just hilarious. Looking forward to the video.