Tsiga

Newbie asking..

Just bought this game and now asking some questions;
1. How important the ship is? Do I need it almost as soon as I start new game?

2. How hard is build ship? Tips, images etc.?

3. When it's good time to start planning base?

Suomi---------------Tunnista kieliAfrikaansAlbaniaAmharaArabiaArmeniaAzeriBaskiBengaliBosniaBulgariaBurmaCebuEnglantiEspanjaEsperantoEteläsothoFarsiGaeliGaliciaGeorgiaGudžaratiHaitiHausaHavaijiHepreaHindiHmongHollantiIgboIiriIndonesiaIslantiItaliaJaavaJapaniJiddišJorubaKannadaKatalaaniKazakkiKhmerKiina (perinteinen)Kiina (yksinkert.)KirgiisiKoreaKorsikaKreikkaKroatiaKurdiKymriLaoLatinaLatviaLiettuaLuxemburgLänsifriisiMakedoniaMalagassiMalaijiMalajalamMaltaMaoriMarathiMongoliNepaliNjandžaNorjaPandžabiPaštuPortugaliPuolaRanskaRomaniaRuotsiSaksaSamoaSerbiaSindhiSinhalaSlovakkiSloveeniSomaliŠonaSundaSuomiSwahiliTadžikkiTagalogTamiliTanskaTeluguThaiTšekkiTurkkiUkrainaUnkariUrduUzbekkiValkovenäjäVenäjäVietnamViroXhosaZuluSu

1. Not really that important, its just for utility and temporary storage at the beginning

2. Not that hard if u have decent gear

3. When u found good spot :D

Tips

- Fully explore and gather everything in first island, 

- make temporary base just for some stations, 

- then try to make ship/boat. Sail to the seven sea by following bird direction

repeat except the ship part 

Found good spot to build base? Then base construction begin

Note: make/pick up something to unlock the recipe

Have fun :D

Edited by Velocifer
complete answer*
  • Upvote 1

On 12/10/2017 at 10:22 AM, Velocifer said:

1. Not really that important, its just for utility and temporary storage at the beginning

2. Not that hard if u have decent gear

3. When u found good spot :D

Tips

- Fully explore and gather everything in first island, 

- make temporary base just for some stations, 

- then try to make ship/boat. Sail to the seven sea by following bird direction

repeat except the ship part 

Found good spot to build base? Then base construction begin

Note: make/pick up something to unlock the recipe

Have fun :D

I agree... I have been playing for 4 (real life) days, I built a ship but it's sitting in front of my base undecorated as of yet... However:

1. Your ship is an entity just like the ground so you can build on it... like crafting stations, storage, etc.  If you are going to be a nomad make a ship base and live off of it
  2. Keep in mind that (so far) your original spawn is your permanent spawn (this may change eventually).  So if you die while travelling you start over at your original spot... plan accordingly
  3. Make 2 of everything when making tools / weapons... have a backup at your spawn point
  4. As far as I have seen stuff dropped on the ground does not ever despawn so if you cannot make storage yet make a "stuff" pile at your original spawn
  5. As many posters have already written... when sailing other islands are fairly close... max 5 mins ingame.  If you sail for 30 + mins... change directions
  6. Also as others have stated... Start new games until you find a biome you are "happy-ish" with then build there... it's so much easier to build on your starter island then go exploring rather than start on a bad island and sail to a good one... death sux at the moment and wastes valuable time
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Lupowop said:

I agree... I have been playing for 4 (real life) days, I built a ship but it's sitting in front of my base undecorated as of yet... However:

1. Your ship is an entity just like the ground so you can build on it... like crafting stations, storage, etc.  If you are going to be a nomad make a ship base and live off of it
  2. Keep in mind that (so far) your original spawn is your permanent spawn (this may change eventually).  So if you die while travelling you start over at your original spot... plan accordingly
  3. Make 2 of everything when making tools / weapons... have a backup at your spawn point
  4. As far as I have seen stuff dropped on the ground does not ever despawn so if you cannot make storage yet make a "stuff" pile at your original spawn
  5. As many posters have already written... when sailing other islands are fairly close... max 5 mins ingame.  If you sail for 30 + mins... change directions
  6. Also as others have stated... Start new games until you find a biome you are "happy-ish" with then build there... it's so much easier to build on your starter island then go exploring rather than start on a bad island and sail to a good one... death sux at the moment and wastes valuable time

Good list :)

Regarding -

"Keep in mind that (so far) your original spawn is your permanent spawn (this may change eventually).  So if you die while travelling you start over at your original spot... plan accordingly"

- I could be wrong but I think they have just today patched this, you should now spawn on the island you died on I believe.

"As far as I have seen stuff dropped on the ground does not ever despawn so if you cannot make storage yet make a "stuff" pile at your original spawn"

- Again I could be wrong here, but I have a feeling that animals will eat most items (if not all). In fact, I've used junk items to lure animals to certain positions (or groups of animals in caves). I'm just not sure if they will try and eat your tools etc! Perhaps not? 

"As many posters have already written... when sailing other islands are fairly close... max 5 mins ingame.  If you sail for 30 + mins... change directions"

- The best and most logical way in my opinion, is to simply follow the seagulls from island to island, and take your map / pencil and chart out your world, but this is not quite as fun as exploring in one direction at a time etc! So, it's a personal choice between fun and efficiency haha!

All-in-all, great tips for new peoples :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, John - NEXFER said:

they have just today patched this, you should now spawn on the island you died on I believe

today patch just came out. in singleplayer or multiplayer, you should spawn at island where you died or atleast nearest/last island if you died in ocean or arctic biome.

Have fun! :D

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

Absolutely amazing... I just started playing this game this weekend but if this is an indication of fast developer response I'm already in love!  I seriously cannot wait to get on tonight... 

1 hour ago, Lupowop said:

Absolutely amazing... I just started playing this game this weekend but if this is an indication of fast developer response I'm already in love!  I seriously cannot wait to get on tonight... 

It's one of the few games that I can name several developers by name cause they post here and on steams discussions.  I'm very impressed!

I'm stuck at work for a few more hours and I was looking for an update... I found a twitter feed where they confirmed respawn on or near the place of death... this is cool... can't wait to get home tonight...

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Velocifer said:

today patch just came out. in singleplayer or multiplayer, you should spawn at island where you died or atleast nearest/last island if you died in ocean or arctic biome.

Have fun! :D

I didn't get a chance to test this last night... I'm getting good at surviving :)

7 hours ago, Lupowop said:

I'm getting good at surviving

See.. that's the side effect of afraid to die :D

Welldone, and have fun!