MilitaryMoe

KNOWN ISSUE Everthing I place is invisible

Question

When I started I never had this issue it only happend when I built a ship, then everthing I placed was forever invisible the only way I could fix it is to leave the game and come back but even then when i placed any object it was still invisible.

20171210112713_1.jpg

• Upvote 2

16 replies to this bug / suggestion

This happens to me also when my friend is hosting. Seems to not be affecting the host. The pieces I place appear when I disconnect then rejoin. This happens often when building a ship. I think I've noticed that the pieces disappear when I place the last item in the stack. Once the pieces become invisible it affects all other pieces that I place and it will cause workstations such as furnaces to become invisible when I light them (torches too). If I then sail a boat a distance from the island, none of the objects I placed will be visible when I return.

this happen to me couple times, I'm playing singleplayer explore mode. Back to main menu then continuing, fix the problem for me

Yes, this is happening to me as well.  disconnecting and reconnecting makes everything appear but anything placed after the restart is invisible until the next restart.  Does not affect the host

• Upvote 1

Please send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

4 minutes ago, Ane said:

Please send us the following files: output_log and output_log_clean

Will do if this happen again

• Thanks 1

Same thing for me... in multiplayer,  frequently when i place items they start placing invisible.  Leaving the server and coming back helps for a short time.

outplut log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ylands.WorldVisibility.DispatchEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.UpdateLoop.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

7 hours ago, knoober said:

Same thing for me... in multiplayer,  frequently when i place items they start placing invisible.  Leaving the server and coming back helps for a short time.

outplut log:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at ylands.WorldVisibility.DispatchEvents () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at ylands.UpdateLoop.LateUpdate () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

(Filename:  Line: -1)

Can you attach the files, please? :)

1 minute ago, knoober said:

It tends to happen very frequently if there are a lot of user placed items/buildings in the game already.

that explain a lot.. I have atleast 300+ parts on my ship, plus around 1000+ items on my base :D

@Ylands

If you can enable log timestamps, I can find the exact time when I place an object and the error occurs.

• Thanks 1

Ummm, yeah... So annoying bug! After we've built a ship with friends, my friends do not see most of the objects that were placed on the ship, and, for example, fallen trees, etc. On server - everything is fine. It is very hard to play with such "visual effects", :(  need to logout from server and login again to see objects in game.

Sometimes, it gets even worse on the client. Please, see the attach (the screenshot is from friend's client). The ship has masts and a lot of other stuff. But there is only my server head on the ship :)

imgpsh_fullsize.png

Edited by OxEED
Need to add some info

I want to add some logs and screenshots. I have seen the furnace. After I've feeded it, it became invisible. Similar issue with the camp fire. The same issue with a lot of other stuff. Multiplayer game, client side.

The game is awesome, I really like it! But it is hard to play on client side :) please, fix :'( 

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

20171214103932_1.jpg

20171214104420_1.jpg

• Thanks 1