Ane

Sneak Peek #20

Hi there, ylanders!

You might want to know that the upcoming 0.21 update is turning out to be the biggest update in Ylands EVER! So many new things (even things we've been waiting for a long time!) are being done that I don't even know where to start from. For that reason, today I have a special guest on my post - Filip, the biggest Fallout fan you'll ever find... in our office... possibly - who will tell us about one of the things he's been working on during the last weeks.

We're introducing dedicated server support in the upcoming update.

giphy.gif

This includes a Server Monitor application through which you are able to create a set of servers, each with its own controls. The main benefit, of course, is the ability to leave a server running on a hosting, or even on your own PC, without letting the game waste your precious GPU power.

Server monitor lets you control stuff like selecting a game - be it new or saved - to start, user management (kicking, banning and more) and the ability to send messages to other players and commands for the server. Users are also able to see (and log into a file) the entire server console, allowing them to monitor what players talk about and, consequently, being able to deal bans if you see someone being mean to other players.

IMG_18012017_153548.png

For more tech-savvy users, if you decide to use a dedicated server, you'll need one more port for each instance of the game, that will be used for inter-process communication of the Server Monitor application and the game instance. Both this port and the port used to connect to other players are customizable in Server Monitor.

Not bad, huh? More news from the Ylands team next week!

Ane

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Black Marx said:

So, we will able to play Explore Mode Multiplayer?

edward_scissorhands_yes.gif

• Upvote 2