PostMorris

DEV ANSWER [YLD-8084] Host Unreachable

Question

Me and my 2 friends have been finding it incredibly hard to actually join a game together without it saying 'Host Unreachable'. We have spent a good hour or so retrying and retrying and my friend has gotten lucky so it seems and has connected however i'm still stuck, any suggestions?

P.s.

I am from EU region and they are both from NA. 

34 replies to this bug / suggestion

I have the same error.

What I have see :

When I try to join an host, when I'm downloading the game the ping is going over 9999ms and the I have the error : Host Unnreachable. Each time.

I have try to limit the bandwidth at 50% (the game can use 50% of my download rate) but I always got a ping higher than 9999ms...

I'm running a DS/play on my PC and my wife and I play on the same LAN. I find the only time we get this message is when we both try to connect to the server at the same time. Not sure if this helps you guys or not.

Bonjour je pense avoir une piste . Quand je me connecte et lance mon ile chez ma mere mon ami n arrive pas a ma joindre  (host unreachable) par contre quand je suis chez ma mamie pour une raison inconnu mon ami arrive a me joindre et nous pouvons jouer des heures sur Ylands.

On 1/5/2018 at 4:30 AM, Ane said:

From the latest Dev Diary:

* Host Unreachable
This is a rather unfortunate issue. If you're among those experiencing it, first take a look here http://steamcommunity.com/app/298610/discussions/2/1620599015865077154/. The thing is that the absolute majority of possible causes resulting in this issue have nothing to do with Ylands itself (we're using Steam networking). The sad truth is that with pretty much every MP game there are some players who are experiencing this behavior because it may be caused by anything from an antivirus or firewall setting, their network topology or it can be related to their provider and as much as we would love for everyone to be able to play Ylands, these issues are something we can do nothing about. That being said we are still looking into this to make sure that there's absolutely nothing on our side which could be a reason for this as well. 

i think you kind of missed the point here. If the firewall or antivirus was blocking the connection or ports were not being forwarded then people experiencing issues would have NOT been able to connect to a multiplayer game. 

That is not the case. As with a few of the people on here and my case as well today i downloaded this game for me and my son. We WERE ABLE to connect to a share game and played for 4 hours or so before he logged off and then later tried to log back in. The game will now let both of us connect to the game but will NOT let either of us connect at the same time like it was already allowing us today. 

So.. this is NOT antivirus or a firewall issue as the connections were allowed in the first place but then not allowed later. 

this is a problem in ylands itself. not steam or our network. and sad to say but 9 months later and this is still an issue.. Will probably refund since im only going to be able to play fresh maps in co-op instead of continuing from a previous save. sad

Edited by Obergruppenfuhrer

23 hours ago, Obergruppenfuhrer said:

i think you kind of missed the point here. If the firewall or antivirus was blocking the connection or ports were not being forwarded then people experiencing issues would have NOT been able to connect to a multiplayer game. 

That is not the case. As with a few of the people on here and my case as well today i downloaded this game for me and my son. We WERE ABLE to connect to a share game and played for 4 hours or so before he logged off and then later tried to log back in. The game will now let both of us connect to the game but will NOT let either of us connect at the same time like it was already allowing us today. 

So.. this is NOT antivirus or a firewall issue as the connections were allowed in the first place but then not allowed later. 

this is a problem in ylands itself. not steam or our network. and sad to say but 9 months later and this is still an issue.. Will probably refund since im only going to be able to play fresh maps in co-op instead of continuing from a previous save. sad

Can you please send us the following files so that we can try to locate where the problem could be? output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

17 hours ago, Ane said:

Can you please send us the following files so that we can try to locate were the problem could be? output_log and output_log_clean, you can find them in the directory \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Output_log

Output_Log_clean

not sure if its relevant to the data in those files but i have started the game by myself a few times and played it solo since the issue happened yesterday. 

Basically me and my son played for hours before he went off to do something else. I kept playing and when he tried to rejoin he could no. he tried multiple times and then I disconnected and he immediately was able to connect. Then it instantly wouldnt let me connect when i tried. 

I tried having him disconnect and as soon as he was off it let me back in. 

i have reconnected to the game flawlessly 2 or 3 times since then but we have yet to try multiplayer again. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the additional info! I'll let you know when I get info from the team.