cbskurray

RESOLVED [YLD-7975] large ship unable to turn

Question

hello,

just letting you know of a bug that prevents the ship from turning, luckily i could reverse for awhile to an island and have started building another but this is how it happened

i found a computer floating in the middle of nowhere out in the ocean so i jumped off the ship to get it as i wasn't able to pick it up from the deck due to the distance from the deck and it is an item that can't be taken into inventory and can only be placed, i struggled for ages trying to place it onto deck, unsure if it is possible as the height from the water so i tried free placing and let go with what looked like it would place on the deck and it disappeared and from that point on i couldn't steer the ship, it would only go forward and back, what i think happened is it free placed into the hull which caused the steering problems, i couldn't see it in there and as much as i tried i couldn't get a pop up saying to pick it up when swimming around the side of the ship,

also i really wanted to see what was on that computer or what it did, if i break the hull and it's in there will i be able to retrieve it?

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Sorry about the ship, I don’t think there’s much you can do right now except load the map in editor mode and see if you can delete the computer.

Did you take note of where the computer was? Floating debris in the water indicates something sunken under the water below it! Might have been some good loot.

well i have built another and transferred all the things from the chests over to the new one, i just need to grow the cotton for the 3 large masts again (which i am doing at the moment), eventually i'm sure i will hear from someone else on what the computer does

yes, the location is where i reversed from so can go back sometime but the water is very deep, i'm almost at 1/2 oxygen when at the bottom, there is a plane wreck down there but don't have the time to swim into it and look around better, maybe when i get the scuba gear i have heard of i can go back again

I'm suffering from the exact same situation. Found a computer in the ocean, placed it on the ship (at which point the computer vanished), then when I set sail my ship can no longer turn.

We managed to fix the issue with the computer, it will appear as fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Ane said:

We managed to fix the issue with the computer, it will appear as fixed in one of the upcoming updates.

It doesn't happen only with the computer, the same happened to me with a Alice book!

what seems to be happening is when free placing onto the deck the item can drop through the deck even if it looks like it should place on the deck and somehow it can get stuck in the hull and then that causes the ship being unable to turn

• Upvote 1