Nuke92

Faster Sailing.

Does anyone know how to sail faster in the ship? We have a large mast and sail and and regular mast and sail.. We don't seem to be going very fast. Also, We have a wind direction indicator, But it seems to be in a static position, can anyone advise how to use it?

I'm fairly new to the game myself, but apparently another user did some research on this topic a while ago, and assuming his data is correct the top speed for the largest ship is achieved with:

- a combination of large and small sails in any number and combination, provided that it reaches the cap of 4.6, where large sails have a value of 1, and small sails have a value of 0.6, independent of placement (even sideways or laying flat on the ship). Wind direction will be a major factor.

or

- five engines of either type (steam or ylandium), they're both equal for propelling a ship, wind is less of a factor but still affects the speed, even without any sails.

In either case, how much stuff you place on the ship ("weight") has no bearing on speed.

Here's the original topic for more details

Edited by vforventura
spelling
  • Upvote 1

I don't know the exact numbers but sailing is ranked on a 500 scale. Main sails give you something like 100-125 and small sail about 50-75.  Keep adding sails and your number will go up trying to hit the maximum speed of 500. I don't know what the engines give you.  These numbers might be off but it is how the speed vs what equipment you have on your boat. 

Found this,  THese are the correct numbers..  Each large mast gives 100% speed, each small mast gives 60% speed. The maximum amount on a large ship is 550%, the maximum amount on a small ship is 450% :) So on a large ship, 5 large masts + 1 small masts (560% total) is the max, on the small ship 4 large masts + 1 small mast (460%) is the maximum! The direction of placement doesn't matter.

I was close

Edited by Dustin Michael
  • Upvote 1