Sign in to follow this  
Vonnie406

signage?

Hi, i have multitude of containers, they only hold 9 things.  i have so many i never know where anything is! haha!  i made a sign thinking maybe i could write on it and label up the baskets and chests, but it seems you can only place them.  has someone been able to do this? I also made some wooden letters but i don't get an option to place them, so no idea what they're for.  

1 minute ago, Vonnie406 said:

Hi, i have multitude of containers, they only hold 9 things.  i have so many i never know where anything is! haha!  i made a sign thinking maybe i could write on it and label up the baskets and chests, but it seems you can only place them.  has someone been able to do this? I also made some wooden letters but i don't get an option to place them, so no idea what they're for.  

Yeah, signs can be edited in the editor, but I hadn't tried to in game, I presume if you could, an option to write on it would pop up when you are close enough.

Regarding the letters, drag one in to your hotbar and press 'V' to enable manual placement of objects.

thanks for this, i have now positioned my wooden letters :).  Can't see how to put letters on signs in editor.  But as I can use the letters it doesn't matter so much.  Thanks again, really helpful

10 minutes ago, Vonnie406 said:

thanks for this, i have now positioned my wooden letters :).  Can't see how to put letters on signs in editor.  But as I can use the letters it doesn't matter so much.  Thanks again, really helpful

No problem! Double click a sign (or most objects) in the editor and it brings up a menu. :)

Pretty sure you can label signs... My friend placed one above our food container and when you get near it, a little bubble appears saying "FOOD"... I haven't done it myself though so i'm not sure of the process...

that's odd, i don't get anything like that. i couldn't work out what to do in the editor either.  got a sign up, changed the box were it says text, but how you make that appear outside the editor i have no idea