Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy-T

Map shortcut

Question

I wish there was a keybinding "M" if you have a map in your inventory. If you don't have it, you could just get a message saying "There is no map in your inventory" or something like that. Please

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

That would be a great idea!
Personally, I've put my map in the 9th slot, and changed the hotkey in that slot to "M"

That works as a temp solution, would be sweet not having to use a slot of the hotbar for the map though, maybe it could even be a character slot or something. I'm not sure

I'd welcome this change too.

Since the map is such an integral part of the game, I'd prefer for there to be a location on your character sheet for it to be mounted, similar to how you put boots in the boot slot. Remove it from being tied to the hotbar entirely.

Alternatively, make the map a consumable thing. Once you craft it, you eat it all up and gain knowledge of all the places you'll go from then on. If you want to make a copy to give to a friend, you make a new map and they eat it, learning all the places you've been. I wouldn't suggest this if there were a way to lose your map, but since you get a new one when you die, it seems like it doesn't need to be an item at all.