Destinus

Extremely low framerate

Question

I'm having very serious Framerate issues currently. I've played Ylands before it was released on steam, and I used to have over 80 FPS all the time (despite some lag spikes here and there). Today I bought Ylands on steam, and when I launched it, I never get over 10 FPS (As you can see in my screenshot) despite my specs being way over the requirements. I've tried lowering the graphics to the minimum possible, changing my Nvidia settings, but I still can't manage to get better frames. I really would appreciate some help on this, because I don't want my money to go to waste on a game I really wanted to play.

System Specs:

-Windows 10 x64

-Nvidia GTX 1050 4GB VRAM

-8GB RAM

-DirectX 12

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

EDIT: If I run the game as admin directly from the steam game files, the game seems to recover the usual FPS. I still would like someone to help me figure out why launching it from steam destroys my FPS.

FPS.png

Edited by Destinus

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I can see that the Ylands developers are very interested in game breaking bugs. Thank you for the non-existent support, I had to go through the bug myself to figure out the solution. I'm seriously starting to regret buying this game.

There are a lot of bugs with this game at the moment... I think they're a small dev team, and that's why they're quite slow with fixing gamebreakinig bugs.
It also seems like they would rather fix minor spawn bugs than a lot of gamebreakinig ones which they have known for weeks.

We're trying to fix ALL the bugs as fast as we can. That being said,

23 hours ago, Destinus said:

I can see that the Ylands developers are very interested in game breaking bugs. Thank you for the non-existent support, I had to go through the bug myself to figure out the solution. I'm seriously starting to regret buying this game.

From your message I understand that you managed to fix it yourself? Or do you still need assistance? Please let me know.

I made a new thread about this same problem so would be nice to hear some sort of solution from the devs? That problem makes this game nearly unplayable for now.