lunz

Better Zoom Out

Question

I would suggest making it possible to zoom out a lot more then we currently can do. Being able to see your whole ship when commanding it would be a whole lot more practical and visualy appealing. . At the moment it isn't possible to see the top of the mast, and your ship never fits the screen. 

I would also strongly suggest that a further zoom should be applied to the map, as of now you have to drag your mouse several times to find a previous visted yland, losing your orientation in the process. A better scale in my opinion would be if you  could at least see the border of neighbouring yland when fully zoomed out in the mapscreen.

30+hrs in this game and as of yet don't regret a single dime I spend on it. Keep up the great work you devs are doing.

• Upvote 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yep camera positioning need more improvement, while on the ship and looking at the map. Being able to look your entire ship while driving it is awesome. And I noticed, when you on 3rd person camera then driving ship, then go to 1st camera while still driving it, finally go back to 3rd person camera, the camera not zoom out like the first time.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Velocifer said:

And I noticed, when you on 3rd person camera then driving ship, then go to 1st camera while still driving it, finally go back to 3rd person camera, the camera not zoom out like the first time.

Haven't noticed that one, i'm going to try this out in a second and I'll see if i can confirm this in my game.

Edit: Yep, can confirm.

In commanding ship mode: 3th person > 1th person > 3th person limits the camera scale to the same scale the camera uses when the character is walking.

Edited by lunz
recreating bug ingame