lionhead-

UNDER REVIEW [YLD-8006] Crashing in rain storm

Question

After the 12-9-17 update to version 0.6.42044, my game now crashes during a rain storm. I had a different save file originally, and i had happen to stop playing for the day when it was raining. I was inside a cabin. The patch was the next day, and when logged in, and opened the cabin door to leave, the game would freeze, then crash in about 5-10 seconds. I tried a range of graphics settings, and assured that my drivers were up to date. I started a new game, thinking it was a save corruption from the update. All was well on the new save file, until it started to rain while i was outside. It crashed, and the game had autosaved about 5 seconds before it started raining.  I am pretty certain that its not a hardware issue on my end. I have an identical model card that I can test with, and can update if that affects the issue. 

Attached are the error.log and output_log.txt file from the latest crash folder, as well as a dxdiag.txt file from the system

error.log

output_log.txt

DxDiag.txt

• Thanks 1

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

The issue persists in 0.6.42165. Also, as an update to the info in my original, the issue continues with a different piece of hardware installed.

I cannot seem to pass the captcha when I edit a post, so I resorted to replying.

I had a few calm days, tried to sleep when it started to rain to avoid crashes. But now i got into a snow storm and it seems my save game is useless again, because the graphics crash is instant, when i load it. The game continues to run in the background, but the screen stays black, unless you tab out.

Most times the output_log looks similar to this latest example:

output_log.txt

One time it seems there was a different error:

output_log.txt

• Thanks 1

We're still unable to reproduce the issue locally, but we'll keep on trying.

We'll give players some way to disable or tweak weather effects as a workaround in the 0.7 update.

For those of you having this issue:

The storm visual quality is now linked to visual presets quality, so you can try lowering those and see if it helps with the crashes. If it does nothing, then go to Ylands launch options in Steam

steam->ylands properties->general tab->set launch options

and put this inside

-b_debug.disableWeather:1

Ah lovely rain storm in rain forest biome cause problem for some players. I hope with lowering those can fix the crashes, and then you can still enjoy the lovely rain storm.. xD