CoolPrius

DEV ANSWER Steam Workshop/Mod support?

Question

This game would highly benefit from some type of mod support or Steam workshop integration. This game could become massive if there is an option(way later in development) for people to produce their own content easily and add awesome stuff to the game.

• Upvote 1

11 replies to this bug / suggestion

In that case I have good news for you! We are already working on a service that will allow players to upload and share their own content. It is really high in our priority list, so we want it to be ready in the upcoming months, sometime in the first quarter of the year :) 

• Upvote 2

Wow thats awesome! I didn't think that was even on your radar yet. I love all the new stuff being implemented and am super excited for the next update!

• Upvote 1

Will there be real custom stuff like items or furniture with the mod support? Or will there be only ingame buildings to share?

You'll actually be able to share both items and structures! (and scenarios, of course)

I can't really give you specific details at this point (I don't want to tell you something that it's not true! :P) - we will share more details about how the modding will work soon :) 

Do have a question about this wich I hope I can get a answer on: will modding be separated from steam or will it be more like ARMA3 with steam workshop support.

I know from my A3 experience that the steamworkshop with the A3 launcher (to select mods or play vanilla and presets for gameplay improvement) really is a great tool and hope the Ylands team will make a sort of same "Ylands launcher" so the mods can be downloaded on steamworkshop and activated wit the launcher.

And even the big mod makers for ARMA3 (who first were against using steamworkshop) are more and more turning to the steamworkshop. 

Hi Melle,

no, modding will be done through our own Steam Workshop alternative and will be separate from Steam.

There are actually several reasons why we're doing this but the most important is that this way we can get best of the both worlds - those who are used to work with Steam Workshop will find our service very familiar while at the same time we will have complete control over it's features. That may not seem that important right now but it will be crucial in the future where it will let us do things that we wouldn't be able to do with Steam Workshop - we feel the possibility of tweaking the system so that it fits our needs and works exactly the way we want it to is really worth it.

We will be ready to discuss specifics later this year. 

• Upvote 2

In that case give us back pack with bones, skeletons, skulls and all nice, piraty stuff! ;) And, someone, please, make Ylands Explore Mod with old atmosphere.