Silwercastle

Strange animal spawning.

I have found 3 large caves far under ground but only 3 mutated wolves appeared in one of them after i removed a lot of crystals. 2 huge caves was totally empty. 

On one part of the island i am currently testing stuff out there is a lot of boars in the same are +/- 15 in another i find wolf after wolf after wolf pack. About 25 in total.

Has anybody found this to ?

The island i am currently on   has me battling non stop with wolves ...   in packs of  5 ..... i have  25  wolf pelts.!

I cleared out one  area,  by stalking around the pack with a crossbow and  gradually  getting rid of the majority   at a distance,  but as soon as i go to claim the    pelts etc... another one suddenly  appears out of   nowhere  requiring some   deft sabre work.

I then  search  the area and its  clear  .. go back to base and   unload the  pelts etc   come back to mine   ore nearby   and   yikes .. there.s another 4  wolves   in the area!

So far i  have  tallied  25  wolves  4 pumas and   6  brown bears  and i  know another 2  bears are lurking as they took off after i hit them   from a distance with the crossbow.

No  land  sharks  ..yet  :D

28 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

The island i am currently on   has me battling non stop with wolves ...   in packs of  5 ..... i have  25  wolf pelts.!

I cleared out one  area,  by stalking around the pack with a crossbow and  gradually  getting rid of the majority   at a distance,  but as soon as i go to claim the    pelts etc... another one suddenly  appears out of   nowhere  requiring some   deft sabre work.

I then  search  the area and its  clear  .. go back to base and   unload the  pelts etc   come back to mine   ore nearby   and   yikes .. there.s another 4  wolves   in the area!

So far i  have  tallied  25  wolves  4 pumas and   6  brown bears  and i  know another 2  bears are lurking as they took off after i hit them   from a distance with the crossbow.

No  land  sharks  ..yet  :D

Am siting with more leather than i have use for so i stopped hunting or killing if it does not attack me. Currently packing a pump action shotgun with 100 rounds in guardian armor so i could just wipe them out , but i can not get it over my heart to kill them for nothing. :/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silwercastle said:

i can not get it over my heart to kill them for nothing. :/

What a beast.. yep don't be greedy, and only revenge to whoever harm you.. I can see from here you have really big heart.

Salute from me! :D

Edited by Velocifer

i  only   hunt   them if they are  threatening  me  where i need to gather a resource     -   usually i   avoid them

On 12/12/2017 at 3:26 AM, Silwercastle said:

I have found 3 large caves far under ground but only 3 mutated wolves appeared in one of them after i removed a lot of crystals. 2 huge caves was totally empty. 

On one part of the island i am currently testing stuff out there is a lot of boars in the same are +/- 15 in another i find wolf after wolf after wolf pack. About 25 in total.

Has anybody found this to ?

this morning around 6am i was flying around in a desert cave and came across this MASSIVE cave room and it was FULL with mutated wolves prob 200+ so im flying around (i had made the mining lamp as well to see in caves like daylight) getting the crystals for lighting my pathways at night and for directional referance. and boom i hit the spacebar twice i drop prolly 100 feet and die so today my main focus is to gear up with arrows food and repair kits and hunt me some muties. or bring lots of dirt to cover them whitch works well ;P....................wish me luck 

you can  dig  up powder kegs.....  i found  2  but a warning,  don't  hit them  too hard with your spadeO.o .. you  could  try  dropping one of them ..or  dynamite  into the cave xD

I had one cave that was producing mutes that  constantly  emerged and harassed  my base...and despite  continual "mutant slaughter" expeditions they  kept   respawning..  and attacking,  but as the cave  opening was near sea level ,  i dug a  canal and  flooded it:D

Unfortunately   some time later  i encountered the 'falling through the earth"  bug  on another  island ..and  was terminated ..guess the Ylands  cave  gods  got their revengeo.O   ( this was before the countless colors release)

6 hours ago, kimbuck said:

you can  dig  up powder kegs.....  i found  2  but a warning,  don't  hit them  too hard with your spadeO.o .. you  could  try  dropping one of them ..or  dynamite  into the cave xD

I had one cave that was producing mutes that  constantly  emerged and harassed  my base...and despite  continual "mutant slaughter" expeditions they  kept   respawning..  and attacking,  but as the cave  opening was near sea level ,  i dug a  canal and  flooded it:D

Unfortunately   some time later  i encountered the 'falling through the earth"  bug  on another  island ..and  was terminated ..guess the Ylands  cave  gods  got their revengeo.O   ( this was before the countless colors release)

I envy you. Do you think this is possible in the current release?

I foresee ylandium dust running out very soon in my current game because I think I've cleared most, if not all, the mutants in caves and they don't seem to be respawning at all, even in the last few caves where I made sure to leave some alive in case that's how they 'repopulate' (I've read somewhere that you can hunt things to extinction on islands if you don't leave some animals of each species alive).

2 minutes ago, vforventura said:

ylandium dust running out very soon in my current game because I think I've cleared most

yep thats my problem too, and I'm too greedy to kill all mutated animals :D btw did you guys notice stupid guy spamming the forum?

Just now, Velocifer said:

yep thats my problem too, and I'm too greedy to kill all mutated animals :D btw did you guys notice stupid guy spamming the forum?

Yeah, I've reported some of his many, many, many posts. I think its a more productive approach than spamming the forum with new topics complaining about him, as someone else did a few minutes ago xD

13 hours ago, seansniper27 said:

this morning around 6am i was flying around in a desert cave and came across this MASSIVE cave room and it was FULL with mutated wolves prob 200+ so im flying around (i had made the mining lamp as well to see in caves like daylight) getting the crystals for lighting my pathways at night and for directional referance. and boom i hit the spacebar twice i drop prolly 100 feet and die so today my main focus is to gear up with arrows food and repair kits and hunt me some muties. or bring lots of dirt to cover them whitch works well ;P....................wish me luck 

Just found one of these caves now as well. Used up 140 shotgun and 60 repeater riffle rounds and then as i shot the last round i though i had only another 3 mutants to contend with. They woke up and suddenly there was another 30 roaming around.... thank goodness for flying potion. Got out of there asap. :S

Strangely there was no ylandium crystals to be seen anywhere. 

27 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Just found one of these caves now as well. Used up 140 shotgun and 60 repeater riffle rounds and then as i shot the last round i though i had only another 3 mutants to contend with. They woke up and suddenly there was another 30 roaming around.... thank goodness for flying potion. Got out of there asap. :S

Strangely there was no ylandium crystals to be seen anywhere. 

I really hope I can find one of those seemingly infinite supplies of ylandium dust in my own games. I've found some very large caves with only one or two ylandium crystals  (and maybe 50-80 dust from killing muties) and other caves with 50+ ylandium crystals and comparatively few muties, as well as plenty of disappointing caves with just 4-5 muties and no crystals, but so far I have yet to find one of those infinite springs of ylandium dust that you guys are describing :(