Sir_Duck

Next Update?

Anyone have any information on when the next update will come out, and what they'll focus on?
(the reason I sak is, I can't play the game because of some bugs - the inventory crash and the black screen upon launch)

A far as i know, the next big update is the beginning of 2018 and will be focused on NPCs :) Guess there will be small hotfixes in between now and then though..

There will be a small update next week with some fixes :)

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ane said:

Next week?

This means that the game is going to become increasingly unplayable for a lot of people until then which is disappointing after convincing 20 odd people to buy the game :(

Edited by Magnarhd
wording
  • Downvote 1

Why would an update make it unplayable?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ane said:

Why would an update make it unplayable?

Currently players are experiencing the following issues:

- Can't join a world since the recent spawn patch if you were in a "dead" state before the patch was implemented, you get to 100% loaded though the create new character screen does not open. (This only occurred for us immediately after the patch yesterday)

- Inventory is unstable after an hour or so of playing requiring people to rejoin constantly.

- Ladders teleporting you randomly.

- Ships sinking if you walk into anything in First Person mode

- If you leave the server on a ship you'll spawn back in the ocean away from the ship resulting in shark deaths.

At this time, only the 100% join issue is totally game breaking as you need to create a new world to get passed this, however creating a new world isn't really a solution as people prefer longer term games. My concern is that combined with the other bugs is going to turn a lot of people away, especially if it's next week at the earliest that any of these will be addressed with a patch.

Ah ok, the editing helped, the way you wrote the sentence before meant something completely different :)

We are working on the fixes as fast as we can, I can't really say more than to please be a little bit patient :)

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ane said:

Ah ok, the editing helped, the way you wrote the sentence before meant something completely different :)

We are working on the fixes as fast as we can, I can't really say more than to please be a little bit patient :)

Yeah sorry about that, it looked like I was complaining about bug fixes! Definitely not my intention.

And don't worry I am patient, I love sandbox/crafting games even if they are a little buggy at times and I absolutely love Ylands and I can't wait to see where it goes in the future: 

image.png.2821666581b748dc6987171b5c4e1197.png

My fear is these guys wont be so patient: 

image.png.a3b6e074a315c242e0a4d42dd90be182.png

• Upvote 1

Damn, you've got an army of ylanders there :D

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ane said:

Absolutely! We're a bit of a Hivemind, one of us buy a game and the rest follow. Same thing happened with Astroneer (as I said we love this type of game and have really high hopes for it!)... I just hope with all my heart they don't give up like we all did with Astroneer:

image.thumb.png.ef9ce6949e0678932697c5a14f190f91.png

20 minutes ago, Ane said:

He does lol, I thought my group was doing good to have 6 playing

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, blfonsworth said:

He does lol, I thought my group was doing good to have 6 playing

Well all start somewhere mate :)

4 minutes ago, Magnarhd said:

Well all start somewhere mate :)

We have a ton of people but it seems each game we play only a handful will pick it up, I'd like to see more of our guys on the same games

16 hours ago, Ane said:

Great! 
I do not know if it's possible, but it would be nice if there could be an update which fixed the crafting glitch soon, because I can't wait to play the game again.

• Upvote 1