KemalKhan

[SUGGESTION] Automation and Scripting

Question

Hey, just a quick suggestion thread.

I'd love to see stuff like conveyor belts and automatic machines to automate crafting progress.

Also, maybe Lua support for players to write their own code.

• Like 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would like to see players have the ability to engineer machines from various parts, allowing them to creatively automate things. For example, a combine harvester or sorting machine to process animal meats and hides (similar to Minecraft mob traps).

The key would be having more predictable machine parts and physics in the game. e.g. a piston that always does X or Y,  water that always flows downwards, mobs always attracted to X or Y. With such a ruleset, players could design countless mechanical solutions.

10 hours ago, Elias_Baumi said:

I really like this idea!

I'd love to see programmable machines.

2 hours ago, Kristobal64 said:

Thank you for supporting :)

I would like to see players have the ability to engineer machines from various parts, allowing them to creatively automate things. For example, a combine harvester or sorting machine to process animal meats and hides (similar to Minecraft mob traps).

The key would be having more predictable machine parts and physics in the game. e.g. a piston that always does X or Y,  water that always flows downwards, mobs always attracted to X or Y. With such a ruleset, players could design countless mechanical solutions.

This is exactly what I had in my mind. Even further, I love mods such as BuildCraft, OpenComputers, EnderIO and such. I'd love to see some 'automation' in this game aswell.