Sign in to follow this  
dustycoder

RESOLVED Launcher email address validation doesn't match bohemian account validation

Question

My email address contains a "+" sign.  I was able to create my Bohemian account through the ylands website using that email address and receive all emails regarding confirmation and activation.  However, when I downloaded the ylands launcher and attempted to login with that same email address and password (which I confirmed worked on the ylands/bohemian site) it would not let me log in.  I received an error indicating my email address or password is invalid.  I logged into my account via the ylands website, changed my email account to something without a "+" sign and I was then able to login to the launcher with that new email address.

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

Did it happen with the lastest launcher version or was it the version downloaded from our website? The launcher that is available for download is still the old version, the latest is downloaded and installed automatically when you successfully log in. I'll ask someone to upload a newer version where this doesn't happen. If you managed to log in in the launcher at least once (and the launcher updated itself), you should be able to change your password back to whatever it was before and log in without issues.

It the problem persists even with the latest version, please do let us know.

Okay, it should be fixed. 

1. Log in with the email without the plus sign.

2. The launcher should download the latest update.

3. After the download has finished, you should be able to change your email back to the one with the plus sign and be able to log in with it.

Please let us know if there are more problems.

Just now I had the same issue with the password field.

I have used password with a '+' sign and couldn't figure out why the login didn't work until I saw this post. Had to change my password to something without the plus sign.