Marcelit4

DEV ANSWER Black screen (not responding). No settings menu.

Question

Hello guys! Lets start with that, I have bought the game yesterday. It worked fine on ultra/very high settings. Today I wanted to play Ylands again. So I am launching settings and just out of curiosity turned options down to high to see how it will affect overall performance. I hit start button and to my surprise game is stuck on the window with black screen and (not responding) label next to it. After 10 minutes I have tried to relaunch it with normal settings this time. Sadly it ended up with the same story. So I tried to relaunch it again and this time game settings window won't show up, but the game still proceeds to the "black screen phase". 

I tried to:

- Run game as an administrator.  

- Run steam as an administrator. 

- Verify Ylands files. 

- Completely reinstall it several times. 

- Reboot my pc. 

Please guys help me!

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi, in order to delete your saved configuration, first go to Steam\userdata\<your_steam_id>\298610\local\ and delete Ylands.ini.

Next, open registry editor (WIN + R -> regedit), navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive and delete key Ylands.

That will reset your game to the default configuration.

• Upvote 2

On 20. 12. 2017 at 9:24 PM, Shinigami Rynnu said:

to delete said "Key Ylands" is that the entire folder?

Yes, I delete all folder KEY YLANDS, I've had this problem too. I followed the instructions and helped me.

On 14. 12. 2017 at 10:37 AM, Berzeger said:

Hi, in order to delete your saved configuration, first go to Steam\userdata\<your_steam_id>\298610\local\ and delete Ylands.ini.

Next, open registry editor (WIN + R -> regedit), navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bohemia Interactive and delete key Ylands.

This does not help me.. sorry to say..

help

On 12/14/2017 at 3:07 PM, Berzeger said:

my game ylands when i open game blackscreen comes without sound nothing only blackscreen comes please tell me a solution for this i want to play that game.

how you told i have done that but nothing happen.

Edited by blasting gamer

Hi, does it help to wait for few minutes (I would suggest max 5 minutes) when screen is black after starting the game? (do you need to wait next time to or does this fix a problem for you?)