ComR

Bugs - stucking into walls, levitating objects, problems with aiming and plants/trees NOT BEING THERE.

Question

Hi, 
I have found a few new bugs:

1) Big stuck in the wall problem. You cannot move through horizontal space 5 bricks high, but It is possible to jump into it or use ladders to do it. So, you can move there, but you cannot move out or jump out of the trap! You cannot duck, so, the only way is to demolish bricks above your head and/or bricks below you - only then you are able to jump out. I realized that bug in one of the abandon hunting house (that one with horns in frons and two ladders). There is space exactly 5 bricks high and I already, was stucked there for 4-5 times. I was lucky and had a good axe with me, however you CANNOT AIM at bricks directly above you or directly below you, so you have to destroy everything close to you and wish for luck! Please, try to add an exception allowing you to move out from any brick (stone/tree?), just for any case. Maybe option to crawl/bend your knees (maybe also to move quiet?) whould be useful?

2) Some trees after being sawed off are still unreachable. These are there, but you cannot hit them, even if you stand just beside it on "in it". Digging out lost part of the tree changes nothing. This happens mostly when one tryy have two roots: palms and birches. It seems that all depends on rotation of the fallen tree?

3) Some plants, esp. dried ones are still invisible to player - it's there, but I cannot reach it even standing on it.

4) After chopping trees on mass, very often parts are hungin in in the air - because tree being there before was removed. I can jump or build temporal ramp to get it, but there is bigger problem:

5) There are still situations when during digging out any resources parts of soil/triangular shapes are hinging in the air. Sometimes you can reach these with picks sometimes with spades, but mostly you cannot do anything, because you cannot aim pick, spade or shovel so high. I tried axes, swords or hands too - nothing helps. Very annoying. BTW. see next point, please.
6) Most of the tools have ranges of "aiming", however these are awkwards sometimes:

You cannot aim with your spear! Spears are and should be long and could reach angry animals above you or below you (that happens very often because I'm always trying to climb a tree, my sheds od any higround. Spear is useless as other weapons in these cases - the only way is projectile weapons. Please, correct it. Additionally larger area of targetting would help with reaching and destroying objects "levitating" in the air as sticks, wood pieces, soil and so on...
You cannot aim with weapons, axes, picks or spades directly obove your head and below your head. This is maybe realistic, but if you are stuck in bricks or trying to reach levitating objects - you're screwed. I'm always trying to reach bricks and objects I'm trapped in in first person view.

7) I'm not sure if it was ment to work this way (this is certainly realistic), but one day I fell of the cliff on my small boat. I died, but the boat flipped upside down. I couldn't control it, of course (which is realistic too), however it was biiiig loss for me at the time. It there any way, including cheats, to flip my boat right way again?

8) What happened to drying racks?? Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but it would be very useful to dry fish, meat and fruits, additionally it would be good way to make hay of grass. If you removed drying racks from the game, please - make it back. It would be very nice to make it possible to have better food without fire. And... some more diversity.

How could I make hay!? I have tons of grass and I'd like to make roofs for my sheds... :((

All the best,
Bartosz Radziszewski

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Heya! To get hay you should pick up dried/withered plants. Bird nests also give hay but since they constantly respawn eggs and feathers I wouldn't pick those up!

You could always load your game up in the editor, double click your boat, and set the rotation values to 0 :) And then go back to your games and continue your game with your boat now being upright again.

@Aleš Ulm  Has the walking height recently changed? I'm quite convinced that this used to be different. Previous to 0.6 I could normally walk around on my ships with a 5 block high ceiling, now I can only sometimes force myself in. In first person this makes my boat go completely crazy.

Edited by WijkagentAdrie

@WijkagentAdrie This might possibly have something to do with the new character controller/animation introduced in 0.6 - we'll look into this today and let you know.

15 hours ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

@Aleš Ulm  Has the walking height recently changed? I'm quite convinced that this used to be different. Previous to 0.6 I could normally walk around on my ships with a 5 block high ceiling, now I can only sometimes force myself in. In first person this makes my boat go completely crazy.

Can you please send us (via PM or here) the save file where you're having this issue? Thanks!

12 hours ago, Ane said:

Can you please send us (via PM or here) the save file where you're having this issue? Thanks!

I've actually made a quick, plain test map that shows the problem rather well! I've made 3 gates:

20171214221925_1.thumb.jpg.cae340df7ce1aef1922419d47f648f38.jpg

Gate 1, you can not go through. There is still roughly half a block space, but the game won't let you walk under it. Next to it is the exact same gate, but this time with slopes in front of it. For some reason, even though the height is 100% similar and you still walk under the exact same stone cubes, you can walk under this. But because the slopes are only in 1 direction you can only get through it in this one direction. Next to it is a 6 high gate which you can pass through normally.

On my ships I have been able to get through the left most gate. The reason I can get through is because due to the waves, the ship rocks from left to right. The character stays upright, so relative to the gate is in a diagonal position. This gives (when you're lucky) enough space to pass through, but it can be quite tricky. Also this triggers the other bug that when you push into your ship in first person the ship goes crazy.

Attached is the map, it's an editor scenario so be sure to change the extension :) 

Adrie

TEST_FOR_ANE.txt

• Thanks 1

Please for the love of God! Please fix the targeting  system. I have a wolf in front of me, its says wolf showing it is highlighted, I swing my sword and hit the grass plant beside me, or behind me, or the tree three times further away then the wolf. Its been like that since the beginning. Pretty much a major let down when discussing the quality of Devs that work on this game.

The targeting system should have been refined before you entered into early release. Come on guys! We the players are really expecting more from you guys then just some half arsed work. If we wanted that we could go to blizzard!

13 hours ago, Knoble said:

Please for the love of God! Please fix the targeting  system. I have a wolf in front of me, its says wolf showing it is highlighted, I swing my sword and hit the grass plant beside me, or behind me, or the tree three times further away then the wolf. Its been like that since the beginning. Pretty much a major let down when discussing the quality of Devs that work on this game.

The targeting system should have been refined before you entered into early release. Come on guys! We the players are really expecting more from you guys then just some half arsed work. If we wanted that we could go to blizzard!

We talk about this in the latest Sneak Peek, in case you haven't seen it already:

I  use the tactic of  moving  into  open ground  slightly higher than the wolf  and  wait  until it   attacks  me ...   2  swipes and you got   him.  If you attack them   near   rocks and  trees    etc  you can break  your  sword,  and if  near  grass  or  ferns   etc  it will deflect  your  blows.  Try these tactics   until the   fixes   arrive¬¬

• Like 1