Sign in to follow this  
No-Half-Measures

RESOLVED Unable to Connect - Multiplayer

Question

So upon joining a Multiplayer session you get the normal character creation screen and when you Click play it pans up to the sky and then just sits there and does nothing.

However we worked around this by using 'LogMeIn Hamachi'. I imagine other LAN like programs that simulate a LAN network bypassing port-forwarding ect would work too.

I've attached the output_log for a failed connection to a 'Global' session.

output_log.txt

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

Hi,

thanks for letting us know (and for supplying the log!) - we are aware of this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

Hello,

You should be able to connect to someone else's yland now. Can you please confirm it? :)

Thanks for letting us know. The last patch fixed a multiplayer connection issue  that manifested the way you reported - unfortunately, there seems to be at least one more issue left that is causing this. We are looking into it right now.

Still MultiPlayer is a hit and miss situation. I have Two Other guys I test multiplayer with and it goes something like this:

Host: Player 1 -  Player Two & Three can not connect.
Host: Player 2 - Player one connects but not 100% of the time, Player 3 can not.

Host: Player 3 - Neither One or Two can connect.

I attached an updated Output log for connecting to a failing session, Am glad to see that we do not have to flat out restart out game and can now just hold ESC to cancel.

Could this possibly be a PortForward/UpNp/NAT Issue?

output_log.txt

Edited by nohalfmeasures

Yaaay! What better way to check if it's fixed than to set a scenario for your friends or enemies? :P 

Anyway, let us know if you encounter any issue!