vengz

Need help with ENERGY

hi ,

I want to know what is differences between Energy XOR , OR , AND , SPLITTER , Randomizer ?? Can anyone explain these ?

Helloo, I'll tell you what I knew so far..

XOR, it will work if ONLY ONE of the input has power, it's like twin brother who always compete each other to become the best. :)

OR, it will work if one of them have power but they still work if both of them have power, so it's like mature couple who believe in long distance relationship. :x

AND, it will combine 2 source of energy to 1 line, so for example if you have 2 source of energy ( 2 windmill for example ) it provide low energy, but with AND you can combine it to become 1, so it has more energy! BUT you need to have 2 of them always activated together, just like AND logic, they can't stand alone.. (what a sweet couple) :D

Splitter, just like it says. It will split energy to 2 ways, you can stack this to get as many as you want.

Randomizer, just like it says. It will randomize a flow (1 input) of energy to 2 ways. It's good for having fun with light ^_^

Anyway, if I say something wrong, please forgive me and tell me xD

Edited by Velocifer
update for randomizer
  • Thanks 1

What @Velocifersaid is accurate, if a bit colorful.

XOR, shortened from "eXclusive OR" gates are logic circuits that return a true / positive / on-state (1) signal from its output if only one (but not both) of its inputs are receiving a 1 signal, and return a false / negative / off-state (0) signal otherwise.

OR, also sometimes called "inclusive OR" gates are logic circuits that return a 1 signal from its output if either, or both, of its inputs receive a 1 signal.

AND gates only return a 1 signal from the output if both inputs receive a 1 signal.

Splitters have two (or more, but in game currently only two) outputs and one input, with each output returning the same signal as is being received on its input.

Randomizers receive an input and route it randomly to one of its outputs.

For more in-depth information on logic gates, try this link.

In the context of the game, 1 means energy is being emitted / received at a given input or output, and 0 means its not being received / emitted.

It may help picturing each input and output as a simple light switch. A '1' means that that particular light switch is on, and so electricity (or energy) is flowing thru that point. a '0' means that the light switch is off, and thus the electricity is being interrupted at that point.

Edited by vforventura
  • Thanks 1