JClaude Levac

converting Creative to survival

hi i just bought the game a few hours ago and was wondering if its possible to convert creative map made or edit and then host it as survival , so that the player that join our game does not have a creator cube ... 

love the game so far keep it up

• Upvote 1

Not only that, you should be able to open any game in the editor a further tweek it with some advanced options. Here is how to do it starting in the main menu:

EDITOR

FILE -> OPEN

toggle SCENARIOS to GAMES at the bottom of the file selection dialogue. And voila, you are free to edit any of your savegames.

The Editor offers a lot more than the creative mode, few videos about it:

Hi, actually this one is a little bit tricky now - what Myrik wrote is true, but unfortunately while games started in Explore and Create scenarios mode can be opened and edited in the Editor, you are not able to change how players spawn there etc. (We are looking into solving this).

Right now, if you'd want to create a game where there would be only one Creator Cube you have two options:

1) create a new Game in the editor, put one the Creator Cube in the scene and open the game for others once you've claimed it
2) create a new Game in the editor, create two player roles - one could be something like "Creator" and other "Survivor" etc. Edit what each role starts with - you will want the Creator to start with the Creator Cube.

If you need any more help with this, let us know!

• Upvote 1

Thank you , oh just one more thing...i joined a game and man the player i joined had a HUGEEEE map while i only seem to be able to host small island and get people in the game any hint on how i could do the same (have a big huge map in multiplayer) Thanx again

When you play in the Explore mode you can't really customize the ylands settings, but if you're hosting a Creative mode map you should be able to set up how big you want your yland to be (among other things). It's in the advanced settings once you start a new game.

Screenshot_1.png

• Upvote 1