Rafael Bernardi

RESOLVED My ship wont turn

Question

I think it happened because i tried to place a computer screen on the deck of my ship while in movement, the computer disappeared no where to be found and my ship wont turn it just goes backwards and forward. Tried looking inside my ship to see if the computer was glitch inside the hull and tried moving my ship on the editor. Nothing works.

20171214173201_1.jpg

16 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm not sure what to tell you, there's no workaround for this, at least not that I know of. Can you try locating that computer you picked in the Editor and removing it?

Cool ship.

This is a known issue, and at the moment I don't think there is a fix.

For me, I just started a new save file when it happened. You could try crafting a small raft out of any materials on board and get back to an island then make another ship?

UNlucky.

1 hour ago, Ane said:

I'm not sure what to tell you, there's no workaround for this, at least not that I know of. Can you try locating that computer you picked in the Editor and removing it?

i tried locating it but again the computer is nowhere to be found, would help if the editor had a option where you could locate every prop ever managed by the player. I tried to copy and paste my ship and get in the copy version, didnt work out. The Editor options are just too limited.

Plus it's just impossible to drag my character to my island because everytime i try dragging it the character model gets stuck inside the world map probably some glitch in the editor.. i have the same problem trying to drag the ship or any other object but i managed to find a way around to teleport my ship to my island but i can't use the same technique with my character

40 minutes ago, Rafael Bernardi said:

Plus it's just impossible to drag my character to my island because everytime i try dragging it the character model gets stuck inside the world map probably some glitch in the editor.. i have the same problem trying to drag the ship or any other object but i managed to find a way around to teleport my ship to my island but i can't use the same technique with my character

If you pass me a copy of your save game, I will attempt to fix you.

I figure if I rip a composition of your ship out of the explore mode, paste it into a no-world editor, I should be able to see if there is a computer attached to it somewhere.

If possible, fix the issue and plop it back in to your explore mode next to the starting island or something.

• Like 2

Would it not be better to patch out the computer until this is resolved? It happens to a ton of people because the computer is found whilst sailing.

John as i said i tried to look for the computer inside of my ship's hull but it wasn't there, maybe if it's inside my ship glitched somehow it's probably invisible and you may be able to find it. Where can i find my save?

Edited by Rafael Bernardi

6 hours ago, Ane said:

It's normal for the ship's (selection box?) be this big? im talking about the green box

20171215191716_1.jpg

6 hours ago, Rafael Bernardi said:

It's normal for the ship's (selection box?) be this big? im talking about the green box

20171215191716_1.jpg

That doesn't look very 'normal' haha! Usually it extends to about the height of the large sail and just a little over the extremes of the ship.

Your saves can be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\298610\remote\SaveGames

My only idea would be to rip it out of the game world, and place it in to an empty space with nothing else, to see if perhaps the computer has been attached to it somewhere other than inside the ship (perhaps it fell down under the ground or glitched to a far away place, but still attached, and thus can't use ship).

Just a thought but I could try if you like.

Edited by John - NEXFER

I had  my ship go crazy .. would not turn left or  right and acted like it was running into something....   nothing under the hull...and   i had not picked up any computers. I looked  around the ship  and eventually  i discovered a seagull  wedged between 2  containers and the ships rail. 

So taking  care  not to destroy the container...or the ship ..i punched the seagull several  times.  - It  took  off and the  ship nearly  tipped over!   Then it flew down the back and wedged itself in the stern superstructure.  Whenever it tried to  fly, the  ship rocked and rolled..    ...and  when  landed,  the  ship would not move.  Eventually  it  ran  along the side of the ship deck and  dropped  off into the sea ...where it  "flew" under the keel  causing  the ship to do a  180 degree spin... and  then it surfaced and  flew off!

Then  normality  returned  .:P

• Like 1

7 hours ago, John - NEXFER said:

That doesn't look very 'normal' haha! Usually it extends to about the height of the large sail and just a little over the extremes of the ship.

Your saves can be located in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\<YOUR STEAM ID>\298610\remote\SaveGames

My only idea would be to rip it out of the game world, and place it in to an empty space with nothing else, to see if perhaps the computer has been attached to it somewhere other than inside the ship (perhaps it fell down under the ground or glitched to a far away place, but still attached, and thus can't use ship).

Just a thought but I could try if you like.

yeah i gave up on it just finish building another ship in the editor and deleting the old glitched one.. But that's pretty much why this glitch happens, hope the devs can fix it somehow knowing the cause for this particular bug.

i got the same problem here today.. my ship don't turn anymore afther i try to place a book inside my cabin, he looks fall troght the floor but inside the ship and in the water i don't have found it, so i'm stuck in the ocean afther i have found Atlantis city T_T someone have resolved it??

i hope in the next patch is fixed

3 hours ago, lg90 said:

i got the same problem here today.. my ship don't turn anymore afther i try to place a book inside my cabin, he looks fall troght the floor but inside the ship and in the water i don't have found it, so i'm stuck in the ocean afther i have found Atlantis city T_T someone have resolved it??

i hope in the next patch is fixed

i would recommend trying to teleport your ship and your character using the editor to a safe place then reconstruct your ship using the editor in case that you can't find the book and delet it. that's how i ''solved'' it. I would suggest the devs to make a quick patch that would make impossible to anyone place any object in the ship in case it was moving.

Edited by Rafael Bernardi

Yup only work around that I have found is to open the game in editor mode and create a new ship next to your old glitched one, copy pasting DOESN’T work here as the copied ship will have the same problems, you have to build a new one.