blimmin

stuck at sea

Hello, I am stuck at sea with no map, no general idea of where I am and basically I am lost. I cannot seam to find any birds in the skies and I am wondering if it is because of my bad CPU/computers unablility to render long distances. HELP!

Hello @blimmin I've been in similar situations. I've once traveled with friends for two hours only to starve at sea because we didnt prep enough food for the journey. The easiest thing I can tell you is: Make a map if you can and I'll explain why. https://ylands.gamepedia.com/Map

Alright if you can craft this simply commit suicide, in-game of course,  you will respawn with your map on either the nearest island or on your original island. (Hopefully it's nearest island). 

IF you respawn on a nearby island, make a raft and get back to your ship? I'm not sure what kind of boat you're on, if you're on a raft it's easier to just start again. 

IF you cannot make a map and you're on a ship then I suggest you just continue on your voyage. If you're on a boat or a raft I'd just start over again.

Thank you, I appreciate it! I was travelling for about an hour but I am well prepared for the journey I have a full chest of roasted fruit! I will try to make a paper press and make a map.

12 hours ago, blimmin said:

Thank you, I appreciate it! I was travelling for about an hour but I am well prepared for the journey I have a full chest of roasted fruit! I will try to make a paper press and make a map.

Also, create a fishing rod for the sea voyages :) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, OxEED said:

Also, create a fishing rod for the sea voyages :) 

Yes, you are right I forgot to do that but luckily I have an abundance of food! Thanks for the future tip though!

I also noticed that the seas are getting much rougher, is that based on how far you are from land? Or maybe a storm is coming? Please let me know!

12 hours ago, blimmin said:

I also noticed that the seas are getting much rougher, is that based on how far you are from land? Or maybe a storm is coming? Please let me know!

I believe, this is just a weather, which is not related the distance to ylands.

• Thanks 1

try  sailing in   increasing   circles...........   and  make a  hard copy  map on paper near your mouse. Also if you move  your  view around you can get  glimpses of the ocean bed below your ship ...   if theres no weeds or   other objects, then you are in   no man s land   if you see its  shallow  with objects   including weeds    then something "may"  be nearby...watch for  birdies!  :D

hello ive been having the same issue ive been on a boat ride for like 4 hours still havent found a single island

On 12/15/2017 at 12:54 AM, blimmin said:

Hello, I am stuck at sea with no map, no general idea of where I am and basically I am lost. I cannot seam to find any birds in the skies and I am wondering if it is because of my bad CPU/computers unablility to render long distances. HELP!

Maybe try to type this command in-game - - - > /unstuck 1

This command generally takes you to a specific position of a near yland.