TheGoodManJohnFarson

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-8064] 1) creative mode: Cannot paint water texture 2) cannot join or get kicked joining friends multiplayer map.

Question

Hello Ane and all,

1) solo: I have an issue with creative mode.

using the creator cube and paint/add texture (water) doesn’t work anymore. It used to. Then just stopped. However, the other textures (sand, gold etc) still work. I tried it on multiple surfaces.

Any temporary fixes for this?

2) MP: my friends have had on and off luck joining each others games. Sometimes we join and enjoy a good few hours of play, other times we can’t load in, and other times we have the super lag/l along with unable to access inventory bug. Most of the time we just get ‘host unavailable’.

this is happening in creative built maps and regular explore mode. 

Is this a general bug? And is there any temporary fixes. 

Really enjoy the game however and look forward to enjoying it as much as possible despite the standard EA bugs. 

Also fantastic job keeping us with updates and helping address issues!

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

5 hours ago, TheGoodManJohnFarson said:

using the creator cube and paint/add texture (water) doesn’t work anymore. It used to. Then just stopped. However, the other textures (sand, gold etc) still work. I tried it on multiple surfaces.

What does it mean it stopped working? The option to add water is there but nothing comes out of the Terraformer or...?

Regarding the servers and connection issues, we're continuously working on the servers stability, but I'm afraid this doesn't have an easy/quick solution :(

• Like 1

Hello Ane,

Thank you for your reply!

The water icon is there in the selection menu (next to all the other textures), however when I select water, it just reverts to 'any texture' when using the terraformer.

When I select other textures, they seem to work however. It literally started doing this when I logged back into my saved game.

And thank you for the stability update. I know it's a large task and ongoing.

Best regards!

• Thanks 1