Aleš Ulm

Sneak Peek #43

This is really good. But why not also have like the most other games have?

An option to choose Friendly fire etc on a server?

Like ARK: Survival Envolved has alot of options to choose between.

Great job! Keep it up! :)

If (or when) I place for example a beam or log, partially inside the 30x30x30 area, will it then be completely protected, not protected at all or only the bit inside protected?

Maybe a claim marker that will allow a player to toggle harden state on or off in a set area ?x?x?  this will help with sp co-op and mp adding more of a PvE  over PvP  it could also set NPCs to zero in claim area  on log out and reset to base spawn rate on login it could also have a simple countdown time before it(the claim marker) has to be replaced/reset also original spawn Ysland  PvP and no claim markers

Would you possibly go with BlueFangSolutions as a server provider? This one you are with is always laggy.  Plus Only 8 players may join a server at a time. Blue Fang is also one of the lower priced for more slots. :)

Is there no way of giving players one for free to redeem in the coyn shop? That way they can get to choose at least one existing world, solo or multiplayer, to have a Protective Barrier in?

Good Monday morning everyone!

Let me just quickly go over some of the questions you asked / topics you mentioned:

* giving the generator to characters present in already started Exploration games: it's not going to happen in this upcoming update (0.6.2), but we'll try putting it into a later one. I would like to say though, just as someone else already mentioned, with this being an Early Access game, you should bear in mind that as much as we try to make sure your existing games stay valid (testing this actually takes a rather substantial amount of time and effort) until the game leaves EA from time to time there will be features that we won't be able to "push" into your existing games and to get to those you will have to start over. 

* modding - modding is planned, but before we let people add their own content many issues have to be fixed. Because of that the modding is planned for late 2018, after we come out of EA

* option to toggle Friendly fire and other options - we already have plans to give you more freedom to customize your games. We'll talk about this sometime in January.

* If (or when) I place for example a beam or log, partially inside the 30x30x30 area, will it then be completely protected - good question. Right now what matters is whether the object's pivot is in the area - if so, the whole object is protected. This is just a quick solution that we believe is not a good one. Objects like logs can have just their tips inside the area and be protected but at this same time it is possible for the 90% of the log to be inside with the pivot located in the part that is outside and the object would be unprotected. In one of the future updates, we plan to change it so that only objects that are inside the are with their whole volume will be protected - that should result in fewer inconsistencies and less confusion.

Thats true but you can also check editor and start building and saving composition for future (it might remove the exploration mode purpose which is survival and gathering resources to build and survive but you have a save composition”blueprints pls”)

No - unless something unexpected happens the update should definitely be out sooner than Friday. Since we're still making sure everything works as expected, I can't give you the exact date, sorry.

All good as long you guys work with it

ylands for relaxing (every important)

dota2 give me cancer 

pubg to...nothing really

COD WWII to feel badass(campaign)

oxygen no included is like my job

and more

41 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

No - unless something unexpected happens the update should definitely be out sooner than Friday. Since we're still making sure everything works as expected, I can't give you the exact date, sorry.

Sorry to ask again, how do you define a meter/block. While waiting for the update i would really love to be able to see how big the 30x30 would be and design around that while i am playing my current map.

Good question. Whenever we talk about metres (I guess that with many players located at US we should also mention it in feet and inches :) ) you can get the idea about general sizes of objects either when you look at your character which is (regardless of their gender) around 1.75m tall (~ 5 feet 8 inches) or you can take a look at blocks that are placed inside a grid. The smallest block (that takes up one grid slot) is a cube with edges 37.5cm long (~ 14.76 inches). In case you wonder why it is such a weird number - it's related to terrain voxel size which is 75cm (29.5 inches).

23 minutes ago, Aleš Ulm said:

Good question. Whenever we talk about metres (I guess that with many players located at US we should also mention it in feet and inches :) ) you can get the idea about general sizes of objects either when you look at your character which is (regardless of their gender) around 1.75m tall (~ 5 feet 8 inches) or you can take a look at blocks that are placed inside a grid. The smallest block (that takes up one grid slot) is a cube with edges 37.5cm long (~ 14.76 inches). In case you wonder why it is such a weird number - it's related to terrain voxel size which is 75cm (29.5 inches).

Think i asked the question wrong :D

The 30x30 if it was measured out what block could i use to give me the size ? Example 30 bamboo blocks next to each other or 30 big stone blocks and so on....

edit: having another look at your explanation, would it be 30x .75 thus 12.86 doors ?

Edited by Silwercastle

I see :) The easiest way to get roughly 30m distance would be by putting 20-21 logs next to each other (those logs that you get by cutting down a tree)

• Thanks 2

On 12/19/2017 at 5:23 AM, Aleš Ulm said:

I see :) The easiest way to get roughly 30m distance would be by putting 20-21 logs next to each other (those logs that you get by cutting down a tree)

Sounds like it would be helpful to make an in-game measuring tool (Ruler or Tape Measure) to see the actual block measurements and be able to measure A-to-B distances in terms of blocks?

• Upvote 1

Can you add the option that if everyone in the multiplayer server is sleeping at the same time, then it skips the night?  I play 2 player and waiting out the night becomes very tiresome.  Thanks