Sign in to follow this  
Zendelo

Save constructions in creative mode for use in explorer

Question

Dear Devs,

When exploring and building I sometimes regret certain decisions i've made. So I make a game in creative mode so I can prebuild something to figure out what I like best. So I thought it would be cool to be able to save certain constructions. For example I've build an aircraft carrier, which to remake in explorer mode will take ages to build. It's also extra hard because I forgot the required materials for it. So how cool would it be if I can go to my saved contructions and see how much materials I need, gather them, and build the whole thing instantly.

I'm curious how you guys think about it.

Max

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

That's not a great solution for MP where you'll REALLY regret bad choices. A blueprint mechanism would be great. Maybe you have to build paper, then import a design made in creative onto the paper. Then add an "active idea" slot to the paper doll, so when you drop the blueprint into it, the outline of your creation appears in the game world and you just need to fill in the right blocks. 

You could have a "cornerstone" block that aligns the blueprint with the game world (the hull works for ships). You can make copies of the blueprint so a team can work on the same design, or sell the blueprints in game to other players. Maybe blueprints allow players to create blocks they haven't unlocked yet, creating an in game economy of blueprint sales, and maybe certain  blocks can be incredibly hard creating scarcity to help drive an in-game economy.

You could create something in creative, then save the composition in the editor, then place it in your explore game mode.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1